Plants don't know the difference between organic and inorganic inputs

I choose to grow organically cause i find the end product to be better tasting and a better smoke also growing organic you hardly get nute burn and deficiencies its just much easier you dont have to worry about ppm or run off .with bottle nutrients its so easy to to over do it specially if ur not concentrating when doing ur feed for ur plants i agree that you can grow big healthy plants growing either way but it all comes down the persons personal preference and the fish bone meal i use is not done with chemicals its hot air dried and put through a grinder and what ever organic matter i put into my pots breaks down within a week or two as i run live worms on my pots .i normally get my pots ready a month before i pop any seeds the reason for this it gives the worms time to break down all the organic compost and the added organic fertilizer i put in there

7 Likes

There is definitely benefits to these methods and they work great.
But it’s the “anti-chemials” terminology I don’t get if I being honest.
Do you think your results would be different if you added something chemically processed say like if the bone meal was?

Being a science geek, I here people afraid of “chemicals” I can’t help but think.
But absolutely everything is chemicals, if it exists, it has a chemical structure. Everything is made of atoms made of chemicals…
I just want to tell everyone there’s nothing to be afraid of is all :grin:.
Except maybe the heavy metals found in some organic sources of fertilizer that haven’t been chemically processed to remove these.

5 Likes

It would be good to have some sort of get together to talk about our ways of growing and the experience you had growing and taste testing everyone’s buds it would make for interesting event

5 Likes

Not a bit here. Have a shelf full…lol. i just like watering only living soil now since I am lazy. Seems a touch slower but I am a patient lazy guy :grin:

2 Likes

This has been a very good topic i like this yes i understand where ur coming from people are afraid of chemicals me personally im really not to worried about chemicals with my smoke however when it comes to food thats a whole different ball game .but with smoko i just want to grow the best bud i can doing it organically .great topic @1HappyPappy .

3 Likes

Even with food chemicals aren’t the problem…
It’s toxins that is the only thing to worry about with anything we consume.
Toxins is the word of the day I guess :rofl:

1 Like

I do a living soil because I’m lazy and my life is too unpredictable to have to worry about scheduled waterings and feedings. I try to make it as self sustaining and automatic as I can.

4 Likes

Understand this all to well my freind…
I’m using the last bit of soil I got now.
I got some in autopots with coco, moving forward the autopots is all I’ll be growing.
The media may change but the heck with watering by hand any more.

2 Likes

I had to crawl under my plants to get to the back of the greenhouse to tend to the plants back there. Whenever i fed nutes I had to drag 3-4 1gal jugs with me. This is inside looking out. It was a pain in the ass.

11 Likes

Man I wish I could grow outside like that :confused:

2 Likes

Looks like tiger country right there. You keep an eye peeled.

3 Likes

That was taken August 24th last year

3 weeks later looking in

11 Likes

Jeeze. Big girl.

2 Likes

She wasn’t even my biggest but put out some killer bud for sure

2 Likes

It’s a total nit-pick on the part of some people!!
Take Jacks - it’s pharmaceutical grade base minerals and combinations.
What could be more “organic”?
Last time I checked minerals were commonly found in nature.

It’s my same gripe with the term “molecular gastronomy”.
That’s just called cooking!
Most all forms of actual cooking apply heat to a substance to change it’s current structure.
The heat in turn agitates the MOLECULES in the liquids found within that substance. As the agitated molecules increase the speed at which they travel they “cook” the environment around them.

Allow me to introduce the inventor of “molecular gastronomy” -

8 Likes

Hence the name of the thread…
It’s the exact same minerals when the plants gets it.
But some how people can tell the difference :man_shrugging: or think they can.

Like food cooked with heat from gas or electricity.
They have there difference and exclusive benefits sure.
But both use heat to rearrange molecules just as plants use the same minerals to build there molecular structures.
Since they can’t tell the difference where the minerals come from and the minerals are exactly the same when they use them, I fail to see any mechanism to which things could be effected in the manner as some claim …

4 Likes

And like your quoted article said - some of the elements of organics take a long time to break down into a form usable by the plant so unless you supplement it somehow your not fully supporting the plants needs.
Especially over the short time of an indoor grow.

3 Likes

My base soil takes years to make, some ammendments I add in take months to years to be of any use to the plants.

3 Likes

@Tylersays where did you find that old picture of me barbecuing

3 Likes