Plants die off before 2 months, Grand Daddy Purple

You have pretty high humidity and are watering every day, or is it every other day, and alternating between feed / water? Your soil must never be drying out at all either way which could be causing you issues. And yes it was suggested above that you are over feeding. You could let your pots dry out then water with just plain, phd water until you get a bit of runoff and test that to see where you are. Then let them dry out again and either feed or more likely just water again and test that runoff. Rinse and repeat. @Spiney_norman pointed out another potential issue that could be related to perpetually wet soil.

3 Likes

Thank you. I water every day and switch from the fertilizer water to regular water. my soil ph 6.5 as tested by a digital ph meter. The tents get very warn in summer with the lights on and I have to open the tents. I check soil moisture with the same digital ph meter as it checks both as well as light. I only water when necessary as indicated by the soil moisture meter.

I use 10-10-10 in the soil to start them out in the tents. Then only use the liquid fox farm at 900-1000ppm and control the ph to 6.5 every other day alternating with water that is also 6.5 ph

Yea you dont want constant wet drench and dry

2 Likes

I believe after doing a lot of research you are correct. I way over did it, thinking I was helping when I was in reality killing them off. Thank you.

Can you give more info on the instrument you are using. It is likely you could be getting false readings

1 Like

He is using a meter that is only good as a paper weight…
Sorry @Ogeo19:man_facepalming::man_shrugging::slightly_frowning_face::upside_down_face:
You would be better off learning to pick up a wet pot and a completely dry pot with freash soil , to tell when to water…
I believe that’s your main issue… :+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thank you. plants in the grow room were just transplanted in the into bigger pet pots. I cant get them outside for another 2 weeks due to cool weather here… night 45-50 F. Cant keep them warm enough.

Which brings ne to my next hurdle…The root systems are perfect. If we don’t get warm weather soon…and its been usually cool for us., I’m worried about getting them in the tents before its to late and kill them… They are about 4-6" tall now after 4-5 weeks. Praying for warm weather soon.

From HD… Its very accurate in light, soil PH and moisture. I have an expensive meter and they both read almost the same with in 1%.

Using the same thing for the last 8 months…manufacture is General Hydroponic ph up and down. Same other growers use.

I’d be curious to see the roots of one of your dead
plants. If you have one take it out of the container and take a pic. I have seen plants look like this also with root rot and there will hardly be any roots to it.

2 Likes

Thank you Caligurl…they are long gone.

1 Like

I have to agree, I see no means for fresh air to come into tent. How are you drawing air into tent? And out?

2 Likes

Keep my tents closed. The sides pull in, however never had a problem…Light is critical. I keep everything closed. never had any problems doing it this way…