Plants are pale, with burnt yellow tips

From a fellow grpwer: Maui Wowie strain, Female, Indoor grow, when probe the Coco soil pH reads 7.0, one gallon bags, feeding of cal mag one time 4 ounces. The mix was one tsp. Per gallon of water. One feeding of maxi grow 8 ounces the following week one time to try to green up the plants . Mixture one tsp. Per gallon of water.
Use led 1000 watt grow lights plants are 26 inches from the lights. Was doing 24/7 lights on for 3 weeks recently switched to 18/6 schedule. Temps stay at 80 to 85 68 percent humidity day
75 to 80 temp at night humidity 60 to 65
I do use a humidifier 24/7
I have an adequate Carbon filter system running 24/7

The plants look pale green
I might have been over watering in the first couple of weeks the first leaves had yellow tips. Now tips are burnt my guess is from the maxi grow?? I’m not sure how to handle this I’m a newbie at this. Any advice would be appreciated. Nutrients or Not? How much water,etc. I’m gonna transplant again to 3 gallon pots with foxfarm organic soil and Coco blend

1 Like

I would ditch the soil probe unless it’s designed as a PH probe. What medium are you using? A support ticket would give the great cultivators here a better starting point to help :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

1 Like

Plants were in 1 gallon fabric pots in Coco coir perlite worm castings soil. I transferred them to two gallon plastic pots last night with fox farms frog organic soil with perlite. Thery are approximately 5 weeks old. I hope this doesn’t kill them.

2 Likes

I am using a digital pH meter

1 Like

Mauie wauie strain, feminized
Ilgm seed bank
Plants are 5 weeks old
Was in Coco coir perlite worm castings soil but moved them to fox farms organic frog soil last night to 2 gallon plastic pots
Was previously in 1 gallon fabric bags
Using filtered water 7.0 pH
One feeding of maxi grow of 8 ounces the mix 1
Tsp per gallon of water
One feeding a week later of cal mag of 4 ounces
Mix was .5 Tsp per gallon of water
Indoor grow
4x4 tent
1000 watt LED
Was 24/7 light schedule but recently switched to 18/6 to see if this helps
Day temps 80 to 85 humidity 70
Night temps 75 humidity 60
Plants are 26 inches from the lights
Also have an adequate Carbon filter system

If you can drop that to 6.5-6.8 for the happy frog they’ll respond better.
And happy frog has enough food for the first few weeks so water only for the first lil bit.

With coco the ph should be 5.8 - 6.0. By adding the worm castings you ended up with an unknown mix. Part soil. Part soil less. Ph ???
Getting the correct ph for your medium will make all the difference in how they grow.

And welcome to ilgm. Friendliest place on the web. :grin:
:v::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

What do I use to drop the pH in water and soil?

1 Like

General Hydroponics PH up and down is what I use.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I was looking for the pH graph to share but I only saved hydro graphs :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Found it…

3 Likes

Solid pointers from @Oldguy, I would mention that the Worm castings add nitrogen to that amended FFHF :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice I’ll give these suggestions a try

3 Likes

I grew maui last grow. Love it. Great harvest. Welcome to your new happy place.

1 Like

Welcome to the community.

In the original post I see water on the leaves/plant. You should water around the plant directly to the soil.

Good luck! Great start!

1 Like

That information was in the original post.

Plants are doing much better after changing the soil to Fox farm organic soil and adjusting the water pH to 5.8 to 6.2 Thanks so much! This is my first grow ! When do you put plants into flowering stage? This is a Mauie wauie strain. Is there a height requirement? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes