Plantings seeds

I am in the process of receiving my new order of fresh seeds and was wondering if 2 to 3 seeds can be potted and a planted together once in the vegetative stage?

One plant per pot. They may mature at different times and you won’t want the root systems entangled, nor will you want multiple plant in one pot competing for water and nutrients.

Be sure to have sufficient lighting if you intend on growing more than one plant at a time. Cannabis is a very light hungry plant.

5 Likes

@Shemora1234 2 or more plants in the same container will compete with one another for space and nutes. It can be done but not recommended.

3 Likes

Hello,

Should I take the chance and start five plants from seeds at once or only grow a couple and clone once I know for sure a plant is female?

Thank you.

That’s a really good question. If you’ve ordered seeds (as opposed to growing seeds you got in a bag of street weed,) it is likely that they are feminized seed that guarantees female plants. Regular seeds, statistically, will be ~50/50% male/female.

Again: your grow space and lighting capability should govern how many plants you intend to grow.

@New2this Answered on the other thread already lol.

These are ordered from ILGM. I’m pretty sure I’ve got the space, bags, and light correct. 600 per plant, 4x4 space each, in 25 gallon bags.

Thanks for the help.

@newtothis Please refrain from creating multiple posts on the same topic.

Sounds like you are all set up then. Happy growing.

The short answer is bad idea.

Then they are feminized.

Every time all the time? Even as high as 80% means one out of five. Just have never used feminized seeds and not sure how much to trust them is all.

Female plant pollinated by stressing a female plant to produce male flowers means 100% female plants.

1 Like

I remember reading an article about plants in stark conditions and how they “space” themselves based on available H2O and nutrients. I read another article about plants “communicating” with one another through the root zone.

I don’t have an opinion. I want to experiment for myself and see what happens. If I can actually get three clones to successfully root, I may try it to see what the harvest difference with one in a pot and two in another.

Just me being a nerd.:nerd_face:

2 Likes

Oh my my my…like a cat fight. Sorry had to say it.

Do you have any advice on how to move one of the two plants to a new pot? I planted 2 in the same pot, just wanted to which one grew, and they are both thriving. One is smaller than the other, but I DO NOT want to stress them out.