Planting my seedlings

Sorry about all the questions

@Borderryan22 I thought this may help. My grow space is in a triangle shape. Just need to know what type of led lighting system to use for the complete growing cycle.
I’ll be growing in 4 gal platic bkts with ff happy frog soil. Any help would be appreciated.

Look at the flowering footprint on the light. You have a 3.3’x3.3’ space. Bigger than the flowering footprint of the light. I know it’s tough finding the right one, especially on a budget. Go to the HLG site and check out their refurbished 300r. You can also get DIY kits for a little less.

I will check that out. It is frustrating tring to find the right lighting and not knowing anything about it. I hope you dont mind the tags. I really appreciate the help. Thank you.

1 Like

Nah, man, not at all! Tag away. You have to kind of imagine what it looks like full of healthy plants. 4 is ok for that space, I have 7 right now in a 32"x32", but 3 are going outside. I’m a little unorthodox lol. I go by wattage for the most part. I’m running 2 lights, Viparspectra p1500 at 100%(150w) and an HLG Diablo 200 (200w but at 80% around 160w at about 80%. I’m running about 300w.
I can tag you on my journal and you can go through and look. Trust me I’ve had tons of OMG moments and freaked out over things or stressed about things outta my control. I bought a tooooon of stuff when I started. Compost, amendments, nutrients I don’t need, and of course a light that just wouldn’t cut it lol.

Thank you I will check out your journal.

1 Like

I think I’m going for the Viparspectra p2000 and just doing 2 plants for now.

1 Like

2 plants leaves you more room to move around and plants can have more air movement. The driver and dimmer are mounted on those lights and will increase your temps. It says 2x4 flower footprint, so 2 plants side by side should be ok. I like my p1500. I love my Diablo 200 tho. Runs cooler. Samsung diodes make it bright AF when I crank it. I’m just chatting here. That light will get you 2 plants. Ideally you want closer to 150w per plant, but you can train them and keep them tight and be good.

2 Likes

Just going to give this a try. May invest more it it works out this time around. I think I have everything I need to start so will probably germ the seeds this weekend. I’m lucky to have Sunday through Wednesday off so will be able to keep an eye on them. Thanks again for the help time for this old man to get some sleep. Have a great day

2 Likes

@Borderryan22 I received my light today and that thing’s a beast! Gonna have to do some modifications on my grow space to make sure it doesn’t fall lol. Will it hurt to get the soil in my buckets while my seeds germ? And will 2 liter pop bottles be ok for domes or are they too wide? Going to do my seeds this weekend.
I’m sure i will have a ton more questions before I get going.

@HMGRWN @HeyJB @Flitme if any of you have any suggestions please dont hesitate to comment.

1 Like

Welcome Aboard👍
How long, well let just me just say a looooooong time.
Several months ago a neighbor asked me if I had any seeds, they just had a cancer diagnosis, and were ready to try an alternative pain relief plan.

This is actually what started me on this new growing adventure.

The last time I grew was back in the '70s.
Back then most all street reefer had seeds, and I had a tobacco can full of 'em. Started 5 and was surprised that 2 popped.
We got to talking and after some research decided to go modern. Found ILGM forum and it was a game changer.

Lost in the Sixties :peace_symbol:

My first this Century grow, in my one plant, very small, Lowes MacGyver garage tent…week 11👍

3 Likes

You popped seeds that were 50 years old? :flushed: thats awesome.

1 Like

No problem at all. Getting stuff ready beforehand is a smart plan.

Excellent idea.

@Borderryan22 has you covered like a glove, but I’ll be sticking around for the whole thing. :wink:

2 Likes

I am starting a new grow with fresh soil. I just soaked 2 seeds and have the planters ready and pre-watered for when they sprout. This is my thread- Time for a fresh start
I am documenting step by step with pictures. Check it out, it might be helpful as we will be very close on timelines.

2 Likes

There are 20 US Government Seed banks…seeds do last I guess.:us::+1:

Lost In The Sixties :peace_symbol:

1 Like

Thats sweet. I was telling someone on here they could last decades. And here ya are! :wink:

1 Like

Welcome! Lots of good help on here, for sure. In regards to lights, I use this and it does great!
https://www.amazon.com/SF-2000-Coverage-MeanWell-Dimmable-Spectrum/dp/B07TVD1Y3K/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=2E4Z84N2G6LFV&keywords=sf2000+spider+farmer&qid=1659149198&sprefix=sf200%2Caps%2C115&sr=8-1-spons&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.18630bbb-fcbb-42f8-9767-857e17e03685&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyTFQ3TDFIMFBXUTdSJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDQzODM1MVdQT0xMSEo4STVCSCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUExMDIwNTM1MUFFSzFPRU0zUDM4WSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX3NlYXJjaF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

1 Like

Lights are one of those things that at first you’re like “oh, this will work and it’s just 150 bucks.” However, you quickly realize that had you just invested the extra hundred bucks or so, you could have saved the first 150 bucks. I have this in my closet not being used because of that same rationale.
https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Farmer-Dimmable-MeanWell-Spectrum/dp/B07TS82HWB/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=3EMXN7H2WQXO8&keywords=sf1000&qid=1659149460&sprefix=sf1000%2Caps%2C102&sr=8-1-spons&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.18630bbb-fcbb-42f8-9767-857e17e03685&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFGTFNPNkVBU0E0U0MmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA0OTc2NDEyWElYWEdGRlo5RjNBJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxNjU0NzIxNkU5QkhHWUJMWjVFJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfcGhvbmVfc2VhcmNoX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

2 Likes

Someone turned me on to grow light science brand. I ended up with 2 of the 640s. They have some nice light options at a nice price. Before that I was using these colofrog lights and it was working great.
Only changed because I was using too many lights and wanted to consolidate. Might be a decent option for you.

https://www.amazon.com/Colofrog-Dimmable-Coverage-Upgraded-Hydroponic/dp/B096FDSY7V/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=1CU7SVYD736SB&keywords=colofrog%2Bgrow%2Blight&qid=1659152914&sprefix=colofrog%2Caps%2C275&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1

1 Like

That sounds like a lot bigger beast than the one I just bought