Planting my seedlings

Newbie here going to need alot of help.
My first question is after germination is it safe to plant directly into the pot my plant will spend it’s life in? I’m growing indoors under leds.

7 Likes

Yes you can. I suggest covering it with a clear top of some sort to protect it, keep humidity high, and limit the amount of watering needed early on. And welcome!

7 Likes

I do it this way for the first bit.

With the clear lids on top.

8 Likes

Thank you, just received my seeds today going to start my journey tomorrow.

3 Likes

Good luck. You’ll find plenty of amazing growers here. More knowledge in spot than one could imagine.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! You can absolutely plant them in their forever homes after germination. It’s actually the safest way to avoid any transplant shock. As suggested, once they sprout, take a clear solo cup, sprits it with distilled once or twice inside, then put on top of the seedlings. They like a lot of humidity the first week or two.

Once the leaves touch the sides of the cup, start watering every few days, with 1-2oz of distilled, in a ring where the rim of the cup sat. What kind of seeds did ya get?

You’re in your new happy place! Patience is your best friend, and you can make some good ones on this forum! Lots of great growers with loads of experience. I do suggest starting a thread for your grow. Add any and all info pertaining to your grow, ie strain, lights, soil, nutes, etc, etc. If you need to contact a particular member, use the @ symbol, like @JimC2. Hope this helps! Good luck and happy growing!!!

7 Likes

Thank you, i purchased the bubblegum autoflower pack of 5.
I have my grow space almost complete. A quick question though. How long will the seeds be fertile if I decide to just drop 3 to begin with?

3 Likes

Very nice. I have a bubblegum auto in about week 7 of flower. If the seeds are kept in a cool dry place they can last potentially for decades.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. No question goes unanswered. Lots of diversity in how to grow. Happy Place for us all! :blush::v:

3 Likes

I can’t give you any specifics but if they are kept properly (undamaged, away from light, no moisture, no extreme heat etc) they should last for months at a minimum.

4 Likes

Will buckets like these work ok?
9.5" x 9.5" x 13"

@HeyJB @HMGRWN @Borderryan22

Sorry about all the questions. Just trying to get everything in order before I begin.
How many holes should my grow bucket have for drainage and will plastic cups like this work?

2 Likes

I use 3 gal. fabric planters but for plastic I would say the more holes the better. That bucket looks to be maybe 2 gal, I would say 3-5 gal would be better.

They look awfully small for seedlings or domes.
I do not transplant from a cup, sprouts go straight into pre-moistened 3 gal planters.
For the dome, I use half a 2liter juice bottle.
One with one without for reference.

3 Likes

Thank you, I do have some 5 gal.
I didn’t think about juice bottles thanks.

1 Like

@Borderryan22 I havea question well 2 actually.
I bought Fox Farm Happy frog soil, after my seeds germinate is it safe to put them directly into that soil? Also I’m including a picture of the light I purchased, will it be good for 2-3 plants?

Short, realistic answer, no. I’m willing to bet that 600w advertising is closer to 95 actual watts. It’ll get you a couple weeks, maybe, before they start stretching and demanding more light. The first light I bought advertised 600w, but is actually only a 95w draw, I ended up having to grow the plant outside because it was stretching too much and the light wasn’t providing enough coverage. I’m a budget shopper big time, but I finally had to fork a little over and got an HLG.

Guess it’s time to shop. Any suggestions?

What size grow space?

Approximately 6 square feet. Only going to do 3 plants at most.

Maybe this

1 Like