Planting in NY, enough time from now?

A question from a fellow grower:

Do I have enough time to grow from seeds outdoors now ? June ?

The short answer is yes. I’ve grown in Maine starting in late June and got them harvested before first frost.

1 Like

Stick with an indica dominant. Sativas, in general, take longer to flower. Better get 'em started now!

1 Like

The Super Skunk I’ve been harvesting is taking 54–57 days for tricomes to start going amber.

Good job guys! :smile:
Anytime you want to judge grow season left in a year; Check with your county agent, and ask him; “What is the latest I can expect to grow Tomato?” From that date backup 4 months for Indica, and 5-6 months for Sativa. This would equate to the latest you can start plants for outdoor growing.

Last year, I planted my seeds outdoors the beginning of July directly in the soil. They did really well and the harvest was in early October. I live in southwest Virginia. I think you have plenty of time if you start now.

I cannot seem to start my own topic so maybe you guys can help easily here. I won’t have seeds germinated till about late August, do you think it would be too late to plant in NY then?

I will be planting Super Skunk Autoflowering.

Thanks for all the input.

Yes. I think it will get too cold before you can harvest an Outdoor grow.

1 Like

I agree,I’m in NY also. June 1st to July 1st work really well for me,but I’m think you could start a few weeks latter.

Well my friends; It is snowing. How are you Northerners doing?

1 Like