Planting cracked seeds

So, I’m new after a long break from growing and have been having a hard time getting my seeds to germinate. I followed instructions posted by someone named Bobbydigital and the seeds are popping.

These are White Widow, this is day 3 in water and time to plant them. They came right out of the seed. a couple days ago, I had some bruce banners at the same stage. I planted them with the seed about an inch down, the tail below it. They have not reemerged or sprouted from the their new pots, and I’m afraid I planted them too low and they are gonners.

Do I want to plant it so the green (leaves?) are at ground level, or did I do it right, and the leaves should be 1/2 inch to 1 inch down. The entire sprout is about 1/2 inch - 3/4 inch, so I can’t plant it an inch down without covering the (leaves?).

What percentage of the sprouts that you plant actually emerge? I expected them all to, but these are the reinforcements assuming the BB’s got messed up.

1 Like

I’ve had 1 or 2 completely come out of their husk. Just plant it like you would a seed. Don’t worry about burying the leaves, it will climb out of the soil on its own. When they surface depends on the plant. Had plants surface after one day and had others not surface until 4 days. If they haven’t surfaced in 4 days, I’m pushing aside the soil to investigate. Usually I find the plant is trying to grow down instead of up. Once I straighten it out, they pop right up.

Thanks a lot! I’ll go plant them now.

btw are u aware? I knew a bobbydigital on another site

1 Like

Bury the seed so there is only about 1/4 inch soil on top, 1 inch is WAY too deep.

Wasn’t I. This is the only site I’m on

ok, thanks