Plant wants more?

I just heard that of there’s little yellow tips on your leaves, and they’re bent down, that the plant wants more food. Can anyone verify this? I think I might have this symptom. It’s just the very tip… and I’ve been giving them what has to be the minimum without deficiencies. No yellowing, they appear healthy.

1 Like

not enough info to be much use… doesnt look like a deficiency if it is then you have caught it very early… looking at it it almost looks like the start of nute burn but you say you are feeding minimum amounts… so next question would be what medium so fill out this support ticket and maybe someone can help with the issue :slight_smile:

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA
Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA
Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
System type?
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS
Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?
Temps; Day, Night
Humidity; Day, Night
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Co2; Yes, No
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

1 Like

@Donaldj and @Majiktoker are the brains for deficiencies though if it is one

Yeah I know…I have all that info listed on my other posts. I’m just not that concerned. I thought someone might see it and say they had same thing.

I’ve never heard of that @Legalinmaine

PS if you want an informed opinion then you need to post a support ticket. I know that info is on your other posts but we are here and not there brother and when someone posts a problem we want to try and help but there really isn’t enough information.

Best wishes! :grin::+1::palm_tree::v:

1 Like

I am not seeing enough info or any clear indication of an issue

2 Likes

WOW ok walking away if your not concerned then neither am i…
good luck and happy growing

1 Like

I should’ve said that I wasn’t super concerned in my first post, sorry guys lol. Wasn’t trying to make a complicated thread. It was just meant to be a quick yes or no from people, if they’d heard of that. I’d never heard about it until my post.
It could definitely be just that one persons opinion and not fact. Ya know?
Thanks for trying to help me though, I do appreciate the effort.:grin::+1:

I will copy/paste my support ticket from one of my different threads.

This was in a plant purpling thread, so there might be a couple things in the info regarding that…

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or Unknown
Sour diesel, diesel dipped cookies

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
3 gal smart pots

Soil- Promix bx With;

EWC*
azomite*
great white myco
compost*
8-2-1 :bat: *
0-10-0 :bat:*

*Added 1/3 less than recommended as I would also be using teas

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS
Started fertilizing end of 3rd week from sprout 1/8 recommend strength of:
Sensi CalMg+
Kelp (me kelp you)
started adding Earth juice catalyst and Fish emulsion week 6, in an aerated compost tea , ph 6.5
By week 8 everything is full strength, week 9 adjusted ph of tea to 7 as runoff was 6. Now ph is 6.5-6.8

Indoor or Outdoor?
In

Light system, size?
500w induction until week 9(may 11) added 1 of 2 300w viparspectra

Temps; Day, Night?
78-82, 70-74

Humidity; Day, Night?
40-50

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size?
Yes, not on yet. Windows open in room to circulate fresh air
400cfm fan/filter

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?
No need

Co2; Yes, No?
No

I’ve never heard that theory. Your plants look very healthy to me, think you are good to go. Seems like you have it under control.

Thank you.
I did get some good natural light in there today and it looks like maybe a little phosphorus deficiency on my diesel dipped cookies. Here are a couple good photos of it, it’s only on a few leaves. I’d rather have this than burn though!

The sour diesel seems to be fine. The DDC must be a heavier feeder?

If it’s a deficiency then your ph might be out of wack. If your giving full nutrients it’s either an excess or a ph problem, creating a deficiency @Legalinmaine

I hope that makes sense? .

Are you pH your mix after it is mixed? If you pH before it could change when adding nutrients. Have you calibrated your pH meter?

@bob31. Yeah I ph to 6.4-6.8 after nutrients, and the runoff ph has been good.
This plant did this about 5 weeks ago too, I gave it an extra tsp of 0-10-0 bat guano in a couple gallons of my compost tea. It seemed to get better and this is the first time I’ve seen it since. I don’t like using the 0-10-0 BG because I have to add to the tea, then it spikes the ph and I have to bring it back down. Actually as Im typing this I realized it’s not that bad, mixing the cave guano. I think I’m still going to get maybe some raw solubles bloom, or just plain P and K.

Either way I don’t think it’s a ph issue. I had that on my last grow and I’m on top of this one.

Could the strain have purple veins? I haven’t heard of that? I guess it could be the whole leaf starting to purple, right?

1 Like

it’s possible very possible. Try googling the strain name and purple and see if anything pops up.

1 Like

I have but I can’t find much at all. I think it has a Durban poison in its close family tree, I know that can have some color.

Man look at this…and it’s getting brighter and super red as I type this. Sorry not growing related.

2 Likes

Pretty cool, sucks the iPad can’t capture the true color.

1 Like

It’s your topic! LOL! That’s quite a sky. Love the night time skies when they do that!