Plant Training of Auto Flowers

@Nicky is having similar issues right now. Some times you just get a batch of crappy seeds it seems. If these are not to old. I would contact the seed place you got them from and let them know. They just may send you some replacements out. :grin: I went through a period where it seemed no matter what I did. They just would not grow. Some would look good, and at about 3 days just give up. I had a whole seed order net germinate. They replaced all those seeds.

2 Likes

I got them from ILGM and I haven’t received a response back concerning replacing 10 seeds. They say they are guaranteed. They replaced some Granddaddy Purple for me very early on in my grow career. I’m just waiting from them to respond.

New at AF myself. I’ve topped, Fimed, LST, while breaking steams, and shake it off to learning. I’ve got Zkittlez AF going now and I’m going do nothing but let it grow and see what happens.

2 Likes

Curious Woodrow…how old are you plants before you started the process?

I think it was 3 weeks @Racer2037. I’m new so I just try and research the heck out of what I wanna try. The Zkittlez are 3 weeks old in that pic. I’m just tucking fan leaves and try the Kush chiropractor method on this one

1 Like

I also was reading about Durban Poison and found this sight. Have the seeds for 6 months now. Found a grow by @MattyBear who just finished his DP and have notes on his grow.
Best advice I can give is research and notes. Just don’t pop em in dirt or whatever you are going to use and then start asking questions when they go south.
Follow and read on here and it will increase your confidence
Good luck

4 Likes

Woodrow, I had a great zkittles crop last grow. 20 planted 18 up 5.6 lb. Didn’t do anything to them just let them grow, tracked all my parameter and was truly amazing.

I’m an engineer and have very detailed notes on everything I do. I made my own forms that made sense to me and fill everything out daily.

My GG AF not so good. Only 11 out of 20 sprouted, one died in the dome for no apparent reason, so a yield of only 50%. Expensive seeds. Trusting ILGM replaces them.

10 GG AF coming out of the dome Thursday. Harding until Sunday and then going into the tent Sunday morning. Trusting the transplant goes good.

Netting showed up yesterday. Install early this morning. Excited to get rid of the tomato cages. Actually looks nice and should function as needed.

Just an FYI I have 1-4x8 and 3-4x4 tents. fans lights, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, all tents set up really nice. Proud of the accomplishments.

I watch video daily from a gentleman named Bill Ward. Down to earth explains things well. Have learned a lot form his grow styles. Trust you see this sir. Thank you Mr. Ward.

More as it becomes available. Woodrow, thank you again for your input.

2 Likes

Right on @Racer2037 !!
I study up on what I plan to grow before I even think about planting. I can only do small grows, nothing over 4 at a time.
Ive watched the bill ward videos myself and he kills it. I’m trying his method of maxi bloom only and they seem to be responding well. Also reading about KoolBloom. Have you used any?
I know starting out is a huge learning curve. You see all the videos and say WOW, then damn, mine didn’t do that.
Didn’t want to sound demeaning in the post but upon all my reading through forums and looking at pics of seedling, young plants, questions on nutes at young age. To me it just seems some people plant seeds in “nuclear reactor” soil and can’t seem to figure out what’s wrong. Good chatting with ya

2 Likes

I’m in a 2x4 inside a stealth room I had to build with heat and a/c climate control.
Here’s my Skittlez AF at 4 weeks. The solo cup is DP I’m gonna veg and flip her when these finish
image|375x500

1 Like

I use the FF soil, Happy Frog. And just use exclusively Fox Farm Fertilizer and a product called cal-mag.

Early on I really suffered. Didn’t know what I was doing… just when you understand things, something else comes up and you scratch your head. but its getting easier to identify issue and good grows.

Learned a lot from Mr. Ward, what’s interesting he’s like us. He shows what works and does it in a kind an informative way. No big head… just things that work for him. Like I said I try to watch his video’s over and over to gain the knowledge I need to be successful.

1 Like

I like the simplicity of his videos. I started in RO and would top dress with their line. Thought I would try coco/ soil mix with maxi bloom using cal mag also and learn on this one as well.
True story if anyone wants a laugh.
My very first time at this last year, I started in a micro tent. Didn’t know how tall they would get, researched light distance from plant and so on.
I decided on using a “Turkey Roasting Pan” as my container. No S*** !
Blue Dream auto popped and all my buddies were laughing, WTF is he thinking! I didn’t know what I was thinking but I was confident in knowing what I was doing. So anyone new at this, reading this, just have confidence!!
So here is my Turkey Pan Grow.

4 Likes

lolol Nice!!!

Here’s a laugh for ya @KikiGee

1 Like

If you have space for a tote like @Not2SureYet us explain I highly recommend it.

I just got a new 2nd tent and tried to germinate in that which was a nightmare even with all the tricks. I may build a tote setup and just store it Ontop of my tent.

Tote, with a light, seed heating mat on the bottom, a couple holes in the top thst I can cover or uncover.
Need warmth and high humidity to germinate, then let them grow a tail and transfer them into a medium, once they pop out and have a set of leafs then they can go into a normal tent with a little breeze to keep them strong.

3 Likes

@JamJam if you are in coco you will love a scrog for autos. Soil is hit and miss

2 Likes

@Not2SureYet I am not, i am in pro mix soil…and i scrapped the idea of scrogging them…maybe try that next round if i get reg/fem seeds…or worst case prepare a lil better and try it with the last of my auto seeds idk…still got a couple months at least till then

2 Likes

@JamJam you can still scrog. I would set the scrog to the top of the plant level once you start to see white pistols. I have all mine set for 10" of the top of my pots.

1 Like

its a tad late i think cuz the one is pushing 21" tall now which would require some tricky maneuvering of stems, leaves and new bud sites…

1 Like

the other one exact same age and every possible factor is just barely 14" and the other 3 are all younger thus shorter

2 Likes

i was also planning for around 10" above the fabric pot

2 Likes