Plant tops yellowing. Slow growth

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed: KC brains Mango. Canuk seeds Blueberry.

Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF: Promix HP (peatmoss, Perlite, Lime, wetting agent.) With Gaia Green organic dry amendments.

Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths: 2 gallon pots.

PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) Tapwater PH to 6.5 in Runnoff is PH 7.0

PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable: N/A

Indoor or Outdoor : Indoor

Light system: 450 Actual watt LED (mars Hydro)

Temps; Day, Night: 75-77 / 68-65
Humidity; Day, Night 60% / 70%
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: 6 inch Hyperfan.
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,: Humidifier
Co2; Yes, No: No Co2

I think my plants are starting to die. They have hardly grown in the last 48 hours. The yellowing is starting at the top. Slowly spreading from the base of the leaves. Some yellow tips aswell.

It is easier to see the yellowing under LED lights. I have used Gaia greens all purpose 4-4-4, premixed into my soil. My grandpa saw my photos and told me it was nutrient burn (because of the tips) and to try flushing. I tried in on 3/6, so far they don’t look any better.

Im lost as for what to do. I also noticed under the LED’s that my stems look almost pink/reddish. I haven’t watered the 3 I didn’t flush, for 7 days now. Last water I gave them some compost tea to help break down the dry amendments. Could my soil be cooking and hurting my plants? I set my grow up to mimic MR.Canuk. He only uses coco perlite and gaia green.

Any advice would be life saving. I counted 2 new grey hairs from this stress and im only 30…
The wet plants are exactly 24 hours apart. See how the middle hasn’t grown at all. Just the leaves got a little fatter.

Top ones look ok. Bottom ones look like nitro tox. Yellowing is odd for that condition tho. See how they are clawing???

Im not familiar with your nute regimine tho. Ill tag a couple guys smarter than me.

@myfriendis410 @Drinkslinger @Hellraiser

1 Like

The top 3 are same as the bottom 3. just 24 hours apart and after a flush. They are perked back up now just minor claw from being drowned. The pics were taken outside makes the bottom leaves look very dark. Thankyou for your reply and tagging them! It could be nitro toxicity for all I know, maybe the flush will help.

If thats what it was a nitrogen flush will help.

1 Like

I would try to keep water/solution off of leaves. Can act like a magnifying glass under light :v:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say your plant is dying. You have healthy new growth and that is what counts. The discoloration in the 3rd and last pics look to be genetic. The lighter color of the new growth most likely means that chlorophyll hasn’t established in the new growth yet.

Agree with @repins12 on water drops on the leaves. No need to mist from this point on. It’s basically all risk and no reward.

2 Likes

Plants are doing fine. Roots are growing now so won’t see huge canopy growth yet. Allow to dry between watering. Avoid spraying anything on plant.

3 Likes

Ok! Thanks allot guys. It seems i’m just being a worry wort then :slight_smile: I will update with pictures if they don’t develop chlorophyll properly. Roots are growing like crazy. They keep trying to come out the drain holes.

Time to transplant!

1 Like

Yep. Transplant time.

1 Like

I need to wait until the 21st for transplant. Don’t have any pots until then. I just transplanted them from solo cups to 2 gallons 11 days ago. The plants are 36 days, 18 hours old.

Most of it’s been covered, but your runoff suggests you’re pushing up against the upper limits of healthy pH. Drop your water/nute input to pH6-6.2 until your runoff gets closer to pH 6.5.

2 Likes

I will do that. I thought that 7.0 was a little high for runoff. Is vinegar ok to use for PH down? My fertilizer contains, Alfalfa meal, bone meal, blood meal, glacial rock dust, mined potassium sulphate, fossilized carbon complex, rock phosphate, greensand, kelp meal, gypsum. Im googling if vinegar would react poorly with any of these things. Not finding much info.

In a pinch.
Also lemon juice but I wouldn’t make a habit of it.

Citric acid crystals can work too.

Or even a few drops of nitrogen heavy nutes, like “Grow Big” will drop the input pH.

1 Like

I have some flora grow. I will try that first. Thankyou!

Floragrow is 2-1-6, right? It’ll work, but go really easy on it. It shouldn’t take much to drop water pH.
If you have something with a higher N proportion I’d use it instead.

1 Like

Yes you’re right, its 2-1-6. I have flora micro 5-0-1. I will use that instead. Sorry for late reply. I hit my daily limit for forum posts.

1 Like

Plant update. Girls are looking good. Some tip burn and clawing going on, but they are growing fast!

I cant upload a picture to this thread for some reason, (worked when I started a new topic).

Here is a imgur link of them anyways :slight_smile: plants - Album on Imgur