Plant Tanking a bit

So an update here. Woke up this morning and she is looking in rough shape. I swear that she was in beautiful shape until I started giving nutes 2 weeks ago. Been having issues ever since. Supplemented some Cal-Mag with a small watering on Tuesday. She was pretty dry this morning so gave her a full watering of 1 gal with Cal-Mag mixed in. Leaves are not looking great. Some have died, some are bright light green and you can see the browning. Not sure what to do.

2 Likes

Is that girl scout cookie strain by chance? My GSC is flowering and doing the same thing on some lower leaves. Slightly yellow night before, come in next day and dead enough to touch the leaf and it comes off on it’s own, lol. MINE, may have gotten a little too strong of compost tea though :wink: Hoping someone can help you with some info and it may apply to mine also :slight_smile: I’m sure a good flush on mine wouldn’t hurt. I had top dressed it with the “mulch” of the compost tea bag and i noticed that a lot more than i HAD noticed any leaf issues. Very similar appearance though

She is indeed GCS

That’s not enough info. They are already past nutrient burn and onto lockout. The tips are the burn. This is nitrogen lockout.

I can tell you what’s wrong at least. Without a ticket though that’s about it.

Latewood’s original ILGM Grow Support ticket

I came up with the ILGM “Support Ticket” years ago in order to help new membersto easily provide the necessary information to the community mentors, and our ILGM Moderators so we could provide informed advice to help you grow successfully.

Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answers to your questions once hey have an idea of what you are doing.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you aew not sure, just bring it to oue attention. We will figure it out.

1. Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow?
  2. Otigin of seeds?
  3. Regular, feminized, or autoflower?
  4. Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water?
  5. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution?
  6. Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain.
  7. Nutrients or fertilizer system used.
  8. What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate.
  9. What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night?
  10. What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night?
  11. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?
  12. Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"?
  13. Co2 Yes / No?
  14. How long have you been growing?
  15. What
  16. If you grow hydro, then please explain your hydro method. DWC, R-DWC, Ebb and Flow, Or; Other? Other?

16b. Size and temperature of solution in reservoir?

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to identify your issue.

Anything you feel would help us give you more informed advice should be included. Feel free to elaborate at the end of the survey.

Thanks! latewood

Ignore the deleted 15. Too rude for me to ask unless someone has specifically asked for help on that subject.

You’re using miracle gro aren’t you? Only medium I know of with such excessive amounts of nitrogen that even calmag is a nono. Shouldn’t add any kind of nitrogen to miracle gro. Maybe p-k boost mid flower. But adding even the most insignificant amount nitrogen to miracle gro will tip it over the limit for cannabis. Since out the bag it kind of already is. But as latewood once said. Cannabis can handle almost any kind of abuse if you have a cognitive method/plan. He didn’t use any of those words, but what he was saying. Heh.

1 Like

Thanks Budz, this will be the second ticket I have submitted for this. Shall I do another one? First one was a week days ago and the first signs of distress. I have never gotten a answer.

1 Like

but ill post again

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant/what week of flower 6 1/2 weeks since sprout
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF FFHF SOIL
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots FABRIC 5gal pot
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) 6.65 water
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable I don’t remember I believe it was in the high 6xx, low 700s
-Method used to measure PH and TDS used Vicodin pens in water run off
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space **indoor 2x2 tent grow **
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other **marshydro TS1000 light **
-Actual wattage draw of lights **150w **
-Current Light Schedule 18/6
-Temps; Day, Night 77-71
-Humidity; Day, Night running a bit higher better 65-72%, actively trying to raise it a bit as unaltered is around 55%
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size 4” exhaust fan running 24/7 on a low setting for circulation, also have a 6” and 3” fans running on plant
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No No
If growing Hydro some additional questions:
-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

1 Like

@Budz forgot to tag

1 Like

Because if you’re numbers are correct you shouldn’t be seeing an issue. Lower the intake pH to 6.2 with plain water, if using di/ro just add a splash of well or declorinated tap to get the ppms up to 100 before attempting to adjust. Water till run off, discard the first bit of run off. Collect ~10% worth of runoff that your container holds. Test this and tell me you intake ppm and out ppm.

Don’t need to tag when you hit reply. Which you did reply to me.
See

Oh crap. I read that wrong. lmao. When you put 5 weeks I assumed total. Not week 5 flower. Haha.
Okay yeh

Those are veg numbers. So it’s now really odd to have so much toxicity. And honestly I don’t know why the ticket asks for ppm without asking for line. I really don’t pay attention to ppms in my own grows unless I run into an issue. The nutrient system used is more important than the ppms fed. Since 100ppm is not at the same as 100ppm of another. Like I could make 1200ppm (~ what I feed beginning to end in coco)of just one part of my 3 part nutrient system. And it would mess everything up. But the numbers would be right. So to me. The numbers are irrelevant when making nutrients. As I said. I only check ppms when I run into an issue like yours .

So what nutrients are you using?

1 Like

Sorry mate. I actually read it wrong. Plant from sprout is about 6 1/2 old. So you didn’t read wrong

Nutrients are the FF trio pack. (I can look at the names if need confirmation)

1 Like

Last ppm taken seemed low. 250ppm. That was about one week ago.

I don’t grow autos. Not my nature. I need control, let’s get some better experience in here now that all this information that has put me out of the fight is available.

@Nicky @PurpNGold74 @dbrn32 @Myfriendis410

I always draw a blank on names when trying to think of who does what. Lol. Nicky is a well educated awesome auto grower. The other three have excessively more experience than me, admin team members. Because I’m stumped. Not sure how a starved by numbers plant is in lockout.

2 Likes

Thanks mate. I appreciate the assist here. First grow ever and would be crushed to lose.

1 Like

I did just have a thought. As I said I don’t grow autos. But I have always seen @latewood respond that ffhf/ffof would feed all the way to flower. So now I’m assuming it’s schedule, since there isn’t dates of first crowns? Date of transition stretch? Autos do the same thing as photos. The only difference is who decides when transition starts. Now here’s the thing about transition period. It doesn’t like nitrogen. That’s why in my soil grows I don’t flip till after my ffhf is mostly dependent on my nutrients. I’ve still burnt the tips every transition, even when playing with nutrients. Technically I didn’t in coco, since the first two in coco finished transition yesterday. But in soil. Every, single, time. Lol

Flower starts when crowns appear. Beginning of the colas.

1 Like

Yea hear you. I read conflicting statements on FFHF, most, I think, I have read say first 4-6 weeks “nuteless”. I probably jumped the gun a bit and it makes sense as I said in my OP she looked 10/10 until I introduced nutes. Probably gonna be told to flush and start fresh.

First grow learnings I guess.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t flush with that low of ppms. Leaves effected by burn will never heal. Leaves effected by toxicity will always keep the curve to some extent. So really should be looking at new growth.

2 Likes

Chances are you’re past the lockout already. But just like they don’t like N during transition, they love to eat up P-K. Which you do have a deficiency of. So personally what I would do is water fully to run off. Then water to run off with 75% of the recommended ratio for your week on your feed schedule, ph’d to 6.2. Kind of but not really how i saved this girl. I’m giving you the recommended action. I did almost the opposite of recommended, also this was toxicity not the pk deficiency you got now. So what I did there I won’t even bother explaining. Since it couldn’t help here.

You know what’s funny? I just realized, from this thread, I did the opposite of what I intended to do with my nutrient line during transition. And I’m over here like “and I still got burn!”… duh Budz. Duh (my coco girls use a different nutrient line than soil, hence why they didn’t burn, I didn’t use yellow when I meant to use 1/2 as much red. Luls. So instead of using the 0% (0-27-27) nitrogen I threw in 15% (15-6-30).
(⌐■-■)
(ಠ_ಠ)>⌐■-■

1 Like

I’ve grown autos in ffof start to finish with the 3 part and calmag with some other additives. I’ve had minimal burns on leaves and it was basically while seedling. It is a bit warm for seedlings but never seemed to be too much of an issue. I started to feed at half strength 3 weeks into the grow as I didn’t know any better and honestly I can say it did noharm at all. I’d get a good phd calmag water setup and slowly soak the medium and get runoff numbers. Seriously soak it slow so all the soil gets wet and u get correct numbers this will tell a whole lot. Remember what u put in for numbers and what comes out for numbers. This will tell if the plant is eating them nutes or if they r building up in the medium. Good luck bud.

1 Like

A bit more date. Watered to run off with water a calmag to test the runoff.

PH was 6.83
PPM was 510

Nothing really jumps out at me on those reading. But she clearly is not doing well.

2 Likes

My guess is that the meter for ph is off or bad not reading right. If u can get some drops for now check it against drops and see if it looks close. My pH pen like that died out fast was reading 2 points off after less than a whole grow.

2 Likes