Plant seems to have slowed drastically taking water

I have a Harlequin plant that is 6 weeks into flower and looks awesome. The plant is in FFOF and the last runoff water was 6.2 and a ppm of 1410. Through the first 3 weeks of flower it would take about 1/2 of a gallon in a 3 gallon pot and then 3/4 of a gallon for the 2 weeks after that, but today is the 4th day since I’ve watered it, and it still doesn’t need water. I use the weight method and a soil tester as a back up. Like I said the plant looks fine, but I just wanted to see if there’s an issue or not.

I don’t do pH nor runoff testing. But the plant looks healthy. It doesn’t seem like an issue. I’ll let the other Pro’s that do test pipe in.

1 Like

You’re right. It does look awesome! They start to drink a lot less as they finish up. Might be time to start flushing soon.

The F am I smoking?!? That’s all white pistils still. But they do slow down on the feeding/drinking as you get near the end.

PS - NOT a pro :joy:

2 Likes

Is this a 3 gallon fabric pot… ?
Sometimes they just do that …
Don’t give it any water if it doesn’t need it…
When I was in 5 gallon plastic nursery pots , i would water sometimes every 3 days and sometimes i would only water every 5 to 6 days …
If your environment isn’t dialed in , than that could be part of the problem also…
Your humidity is going to play a big role in how fast your plant is taking up water …
Vpd …
If the room is to humid , she might not be thirsty…
If its dry , than you might need to water every 2 days …
Once you get these things dialed in , then everything else will fall into place …
I have about 16 different temp and humidity readings , electrical and machainical equipment in my flower room…
And they are everywhere , all over…
I need to know what’s going on every where and at what time …
Plants tend to grow the most in the dark and that’s why they tend to transpire so much when lights out…
Hence , high humidity and less drinking and possibly plant drowning and causing an anaerobic effect which leads to root death…
Watering is the hardest part about soil growing…
When in soil , master your watering techniques is most important…
So much more I have to say , but i don’t have the time to tell you… :exploding_head::unamused::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::+1:
Your plants are lookin good , just make sure that you dont start overwatering them… :+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

5 Likes

@elheffe702 Can I have what you are smoking because it sounds like some good stuff. :joy:

3 Likes

@peachfuzz Much better answer :joy:

Of course, I’ll share!

3 Likes

In week 7 ish of my grow I went 8 days without watering one of my plants . All my humidity and stuff is dialed in. The plant was fine and was one of the better plants that I harvested so far .

I asked the same question and got this answer lol :slight_smile:

“ it’s nearing the end and weird things can happen”
Lol

1 Like

All reasonable suggestions. I’m thinking if that’s one plant in a 3 gallon pot you may be a little root bound, which would definitely slow down on uptake.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone, so far everything has went fairly smooth for my first grow with the help of this board and a couple friends.

My sealed grow room is a 7’ x 13’ and has a mini split, dehumidifier, Autopilot CO2 regulator, and 3 six inch carbon scrubber/filters. It is pretty dialed in at 74 degrees and 50 to 53% humidity.

The plant was close to needing water yesterday, so when the lights come on in an hour I will check it. I figured it was ok since the appearance hadn’t changed, but I’m a little over cautious. Thanks again.

1 Like