Plant Overload , Not sure what to do with all the success of my first grow

My first grow and in a jam. I have a 2x4 tent using Spiderfarmer SF2000 light. The seeds are ILGM white widow. Week 6, I have 6 plants in 7 gallon cloth pots. I have LST the hell out of them. As you can imagine I have no room . So do I sacrifice 2 to 3 plants for a more room? Or just keep on plowing thru to the end? Thanks to the community already because this is a awesome forum.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community! Everything is looking great in your tent! I would cram them and make them all work, may have to switch to flowering a little sooner, but you can make that work.

Happy growing!

10 Likes

I have heard so many conflicting stories about grow space that I’m not sure, that was my original thought was to keep going, but not sure if I was going to lose out on yield.

1 Like

One of the main issues that you may have is airflow, once they start flowering. Being so crowded your rh levels after watering may also be difficult to control, depending on rh levels in your growspce. You will want to clean up the lower portion of plants to allow air flow.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community plants look great ! Keep moving forward an finish them out. you will pick up knowledge every grow on what works best in your space. Good luck

3 Likes

3 Likes

Sorry, this is a more current photo.

1 Like

Hard to tell from pic, how tall is the tent? Also photos or autos?

2 Likes

72 inches height and they are photo

1 Like

When are you going to flip to flower?

1 Like

Not sure when to flip. The comment above suggest early flip week 8?

2 Likes

I usually flip between 6-8 weeks. I believe given that you are going to have space issues, you probably should go ahead and flip to flower. As others have pointed out, experience is the best teacher. Given the circumstances I would also slowly start trimming the lower small growth, to allow airflow. Just go slow, not to much at a time. By removing lower smaller growth it will also allow growth to be directed to main colas.

3 Likes

It might not hurt to do a moderately deep defol Right now. It’ll slow the plants down for a week and create a ton more airflow. She’ll releaf so fast once you flip the flower.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’d run a little more veg time maybe a week or till 16 to 18 inchs tall. Then defoleate give 2 days recovery and flip.
I do have different opinions than others sometimes. I believe in going wall to wall if they don’t try to push out the sides of the tent after in flower for 21 days i feel like i wasted space. After 21 days then cut them back some and only keep the bigger bud sites that get the most light. I do leave a few lower ones i know will be larfy airy buds. I like to shake dry ice hash. The wife won’t let me have the big tight ones.
Anyway 21 day Defoleation go heavy with this you will have a lot of good top bud sites.
As far as air flow do defoleate some for this but if it gets to crowded add more air make them move in the breaze. Don’t blow the air right on them though or you might get wind burn. Point what you think is to many fans at the sides of the tent and blow it out. Now for the problem with doing this LOW humidity. The up side your in flower so in my opinion 35 to 45 pecent is ok. Even if you get some dry leaves don’t worry you are going to cut them down in 10 weeks. 8 from 21 day Defoleation.
I in no way encourage you to do this. It is just how i do it sometimes. It will be hard to water also no room.

1 Like

Oh and you will probably wish you had another 200 actual watts of light.

1 Like

I think your plans may be a little overly zealous. But, like Frank sings…you had High Hopes

When I read 7 gallon pots I had to do some quick calculations.
If a pot has a diameter of 13" (rain science grow bag dimension and volume chart) it has an area of about 176 sq inches (thank you Archimedes). 6 pots will then need 1056 sq inches.
The floor of the 24x48" tent is 1152 sq inches. No room for a plant to grow beyond the circumference of its pot.
Other than getting a couple more tents, growing 4 of them outside or selecting two or three to grow, what are your options.
I think the only way is to prune each plant down to two or three main stems and grow a few massive colas. Realistically, how are you going to collect, test and discard runoff or even water each plant with them that tight. This also leads me to think about air movement RH and mold.
Me, I would keep two, maybe three, prune and train them and fill the space with a few great plants.

One plant in a 3x3

FWIW

6 Likes

5 in a 2x4 6 weeks from seed to end of veg. only 4 weeks of those in the tent. There is also 1 plant you cant see. With what he has only a week more of veg. Then to flower. If he cuts back could take 3 or 4 weeks to fill it up. He already has the plants.

Pound and a half 16 weeks from seed to harvest In soil… 2x4 5 plants one stayed small.

2 Likes

I would also try to put at least 2 or3 outside like @beardless said. Maybe the ones in tent will get enough light to flower into great women with plump buds. Maybe practice some of the hst on 1 outside. I may do that with 1 in tent # 2…want to try manafold. :thinking: Good luck.

2 Likes

Really appreciate your help my target was week 10 but as you can see, I’m already too cramped. I removed heater and humidifier yesterday to see what my RH and temp would do. The humidity is averaging 80 percent and the temp did reach a low of 63 degrees with lights out for 6 hours. Is this a problem temperature? Sorry with late response, got cut off because I’m a newbie.