Plant moving into the flowering stage?

Hello, I’m currently growing 2 beautiful Girl Scout Cookies Extreme Autoflower indoors and I’m just wanting another opinion on if one of my plants is moving into the flowering stage. (My other plant was planted before this plant, but is smaller for some reason)
I believe I’m starting to see Calyxes appear (see pictures)
And if it is moving to flowering stage, do I need to move it away from my other plant until I’m able to sex them? Or would it be fine to keep them together until they start showing their sexes?
Thanks!!

1 Like

Looks like a maturing female that was fimmed.
Picture is blurry when I zoom in. So it looks that way. She is just showing her sex is all.

Should be fine together. I’m sure if same seeds they r both female. I dont think they make autoflower that aren’t feminized.

1 Like

Would it be alright to turn on my Bloom stage light even though the other plant isn’t maturing as fast? Or would the different lighting affect the smaller plant?

Have both on at all times. Wont hurt at all. Can only help

3 Likes

@BetrayedSoul are you saying, when I go into veg stage with my LEDs, I can add flower stage too? Am seedlings atm, a week away from veg.

Your lights sound like amazon blurple. You can wait but it just means less light.
And keep both on in flower also.

I run 100% from veg to end

So @BetrayedSoul you keep your bloom light on from seed to harvest?
And if I turn on my bloom light as well, will my smaller plant stop growing as big/tall?

When a plant switches to flower it will stretch no matter what.
More light makes faster growth. Some top end lights have controllers to adjust red and blue. The cheaper amazon lights aren’t good enough or even close to the wattage they say. So using full light through grow is best to get the most of the little bit of light they have.
And a light has to be close enough to slow its stretch. A light to far away will always make a stretchy plant.

1 Like

To be truthful it doesn’t matter really unless you want to switch light schedule which can stay the same. Most people growing autos only switch to 12-12 is to save on the power bill.

1 Like

First, i have never seen a male auto. All female. My understanding is they will hermie tho.

Second, lighta on for autos, 20/4. Is what i use but the 4 is for the equipment mostly. You can do 24/7 light on autos. I never have but lots do.

Third… good lookin plants.

It’s possible to buy regular auto seeds but you really have to go out-of-your-way to find a seller.

If (like me) you’ve got underpowered lights. You have to make the most of it.

I’ve found that training your plants to grow at a 30% angle from an early age will expose lower branches/buds to more light.

I use a suitably sloped cane and tie the main stem gradually and bending gently as the plant grows.

In this way, you can lower your light and get more power to all of the buds.

Maybe next time.

Good luck