Plant is growing very slow in closet only four small leaves

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

I have an organic Pete moss with per-lite in an 6in pot i have two light one 4 ft florescent with two grow bulbs from lowes and one drop light with grow light bulb from lowes. its been 15 days and is growing very slow in closet only four small leaves. it has a 20-4 hour light schedule and watering every 2-3 days i make sure top soil is dry and an inch below is only cool not enough to darken a stick when left in for ten minutes. i’m trying to grow organic with no add nutrients. i use a filtered water with a PH level of 8.5 to 9. what could be the problem.

A pic of the plant and setup might help us. It could possibly be a light intensity issue. You don’t say if they’re stretching.

EDITED TO ADD: I guess I missed the ph and pic. PH is indeed the #1 thing to fix.

1 Like

I would also say your ph is really high you need to bring it down to 6.3 -6.8 and for the 1st few weeks they work on roots with only little upwards growth

2 Likes

8.5 + PH…very surprised the plant has survived so far.

soil PH water should be 6.3 to 6.8

1 Like

As stated above, your PH is way out of range. Lighting is going to cause you problems too as it will be insufficient for dense growth. You are already experiencing some stretch; I would lower the lights down as close as possible and keep a dome over your seedling. PH to 6.5 or use distilled water for now. One gallon will last you for weeks.

2 Likes

Thank u all for ur input

1 Like

Welcome to the site! You made a name. Now read a few grow journals and ask a couple more questions. No such thing as a stupid question, except the one u dont ask. Again welcome to ILGM