Plant Height might be a problem

Would I do the super cropping high on the main cola or low?

With the lights should be a little be of literature about the height away from plants flowering / veg.

Every light is different and not made equal unfortunately. Tho I’d say 2 ft away is a safe distance

@SeaSeaside_guy1 do it below where you will not affect the bud sites. Find a portion of the stretch where no flowering growth is and do it there

1 Like

The height isn’t your issue. The issue is that your colas are uneven. That leads to your taller ones getting large and juicy (which is awesome) but your shorter ones don’t progress as nicely. What you can do is tie down your taller ones so that they’re even with your shorter ones. That creates a nice even canopy, allowing the light to penetrate evenly across and into your plant, producing nice fat, juicy buds on every site instead of just a few.
You may also consider lollipopping (not sure if you already mentioned doing that) - it opens up room for circulation AND allows your girl to spend her time working on the more viable buds instead of spreading her precious energy and nutrients across the smaller, useless mini larf buds at the bottom and what not.
Otherwise, looking good! Nice work!

Worked on it this morning, and was able to LST the taller cola’s to the height of the smaller sites. Gained me about 3"… Hoping that will be enough to get me through the grow. Needed that extra 3" big time. Thanks for your quick response

1 Like

Good work! LST is a great solution but I do still see some areas that look like they may not be getting the best light penetration and that’s going to lead to diminished bud size and bulk on your inner bud sites. Don’t let those sites go to waste! In a few days, after your girl has recovered from her LST, consider going in there and defoliating a bit from the bottom. Don’t go crazy but clear up some junk. Maybe clip a FEW leaves that look to be blocking light from inferior buds below. You’ve got some beautiful pre-flowers forming up there so it’d be awesome if you could get the same bloom on your inferior buds as you do up top. Don’t be afraid of using your horizontal space - spread that girl out! She’s flexible and she loves to open up wide. When you ease her open she thanks you in beautiful ways!! :wink:

1 Like

SCROG.

I’m doing a single in a 2 X 4 X 5 tent in a simple bucket hydro. I will SCROG this plant and if the girl cooperates I expect to pull 14 to 16 oz from that one plant. The key is getting the canopy level.

Like this

7 Likes

Great advice man, thank you and I’ll do all that in a couple days, Thanks!

1 Like

All I can say is Wow! Thanks for the input

If only super cropping one branch just pick the spot in between nodes that is best for getting it even with rest of canopy. If super cropping whole plant, I like to do it at about the second or third node throughout. Hope that helps and good luck!!

1 Like

No problem! Happy to help! And in agreement with @Myfriendis410 the SCROG method is another great way to even out your canopy. Instead of using yoyo’s and horticultural ties, you’ll use a net. Google SCROG and SOG.
The ONLY downside to those methods is that once you’ve set it up it is an absolute bitch to move. So if you have to frequently move your plants, like to water or do work on or access the back of your plant, you have to detach your net completely. But if your plant is in a tent where you have 360 degree access or at least front and back access then SCROG and SOG are definitely an awesome technique to consider.

1 Like

oh, and not that it really matters, but I’m a woman, not a dude. :wink: I do understand because women growers are far and few between, but it’s not a myth! We’re real! lolol :rofl:
either way, I am super happy to help. It’s awesome to be able to help someone cultivate a monster, potent cannabis plant.

4 Likes

I don’t know about anywhere else, but this forum is teaming with excellent female growers.

3 Likes

I definitely notice that overall there are many more female cannabis growers, but unfortunately in my state at the licensed, commercial level, there are very few cannabis cultivation directors/owners, etc… I’m a wee bit of a lone wolf in my area in that respect.

1 Like

I live in a “legal” state but still maintain a covert growing profile. I don’t know, nor have I spoken to, a single grower in real life.

This forum is my only opportunity to discuss growing and cannabis, so I know exactly how it feels to be a “lone wolf” grower. I hope to one day meet some of my forum grow buddies and friends.

2 Likes

I have a design that attaches to the cloth pot and allows you to carry it around by the screen. In media grows I try to put them out in (free) sunlight, saving my high end lights for the rest of the day cycle.

There is a bill of materials and better pics of the SCROG

Doing mine in a tote this time and will SCROG but not too worried about access.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 : that’s whats up!
I run a big ol ebb and flow system and we’ve been tying down using yoyos and horticultural ties. It’s time consuming but it allows me to really get light where it needs to go and it also gives me the access to units I wouldn’t otherwise be able to get to. But I am interested in your setup! Do you think that may work for my ebb and flow hydro setup?

1 Like

I will use the top screen on my tote and install it with the ability to anchor and move it. Doing rez changes is MUCH easier in a SCROG. I can lift the whole plant out by the screen (remove 4 screws) and set it into a temp tote for cleaning of the primary.

2 Likes

I’m worried they’re not growing fast enough.They are 3 weeks old and one of them is bent right over.

I’m growing in organic soil, placing them outdoors in the sun during the day and under the dining room table light (I sit them on the dining room table with the lights on all night).