Plant has yellow lines

Hey all I’m brand new to this whole thing and started first grow ever yay me. So the seedling has done well up till recently. It has yellow lines on the edges of the leaves. The plant overall appears healthy, I could be wrong of course on that. Any help would be great. I will do my best to answer questions

1 Like

Picture please.

2 Likes

Updated with pics

That looks like genetics. I have a few leaves that look like that, I can grab a picture for you?

1 Like

Are you using cal mag?

1 Like

That young I’d agree with genetics. Usually calcium or magnesium defs occur later in veg.

3 Likes

Thanks, these are northern lights by the way, and no I have not been using any nutrients as of yet

3 Likes

Good to know.

2 Likes

Thank you for easing my mind, I was worried about the little one

2 Likes

I hate to nay say but it def looks like early stages of problems … I won’t be able to keep up with this post but just want to make sure you’re doing the basics like… (it is a myriad of things to double check & do)—- first pH-ing the water (if eventually your nutrients call for it & DEF pH your water with lemon juice to 6.2-6.5 when not using nutrients) If you’re using city water u need to let the chlorine evaporate for about 24 hrs before using it… for future ref- nutrient lockout happens when nutrients are mixed improperly either out of a specific order or mixed together when they should be added in separately - some deficiencies are obvious but if you’re not doing everything just right for your set up the problem can be hard to pin down/fix. For example I forgot to wash my measuring glass in between measuring the different nutrients at least once Time maybe twice my last grow and they were hurting from it.

Another tip- not deficiency related, but if you want the most bang for your buck use some kind of root hormone (ours is powdered/sprinkled) In the soil when you transplant to a bigger pot to start flowering— think of the roots as mouths and the plant won’t be able to uptake all the nutrients you & the soil give it if it doesn’t have enough “mouths”… hope this helps now and in the future! Best of luck!!

1 Like

Thanks for the info, ya I have not gave any nutrients, I was watering with bottled water which was not ph tested, so 3 days ago I did a ph flush of regular water soaking the whole pot. Still moist so haven’t watered since then. I will keep the ph in check from now on. And thanks for the reminder of nutrients I read on the bottle you had to do it in a certain order and I did not, was just making a test batch for funsies. So when I start feeding I will do it in the correct order and I’m going to be doing it at 1/4 strength.