Plant has some issues Need Advise

Sorry for the duplicate post, but starting to worry and not sure how to proceed. Looks like nutrient lockout but that’s what I have been told. I just tested ph and ppm runoff and seems to be in range. Not sure what the problem is or how to proceed.

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant/what week of flower 6 1/2 weeks since sprout
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF FFHF SOIL
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots FABRIC 5gal pot
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) 6.65 water
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable I don’t remember I believe it was in the high 6xx, low 700s
-Method used to measure PH and TDS used Vicodin pens in water run off
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space **indoor 2x2 tent grow **
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other **marshydro TS1000 light **
-Actual wattage draw of lights **150w **
-Current Light Schedule 18/6
-Temps; Day, Night 77-71
-Humidity; Day, Night running a bit higher better 65-72%, actively trying to raise it a bit as unaltered is around 55%
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size 4” exhaust fan running 24/7 on a low setting for circulation, also have a 6” and 3” fans running on plant
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No No

PPMs look a little low. Not dire but I’d expect more in my runoff unless I was actively trying to flush nutes out for the final week or two of the grow. How long has your plant been in flower?

Also what are you feeding it? If just FFHF, it may be time for supplementation. Especially during flower, she’ll want less nitrogen and more potassium/phosphorus so it’s probably a good time to add a bloom booster.

Been in flower for a little over two weeks. (First grow, keeping detailed journal next time)

Started it on the FF trio about 1 1/2 weeks ago, at 1/2 FF feeding schedule, honestly thats when things started to get off track. Plant looked great when it was just water. Been battling some spotting once started feeding. The current state started two days ago and not sure how to proceed and the measurement don’t look that off. (Ppm should be higher as mentioned)

I will say I started into my grow with the FF trio and swapped to Jack’s 321 before my plants even started to flower. I felt like I was using a lot of nutes for very little return - but I’m in hydro so it’s not the same for everyone. One thing I know is that no matter which feed from the trio you use, they’re not especially high in phosphorus. I can suggest a bloom booster - others around here recommended using mono-potassium phosphate (MKP) like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HCS44LY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_H6TY2QHWVNJ23GAT8Q6F?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I needed something sooner than that, my local store sells Flower Fuel and Mother of All Blooms. I’ve used the MOAB so far and really like it a lot. It’s close to the MKP mix recommended by the pros here. MOAB booster

I’ve also got the Flower Fuel which I haven’t used yet, but I see myself using that in about a week or two since it still contains some nitrogen and I know my plants will want more as they progress. Flower Fuel

Hope that helps some.

1 Like

@Hellraiser can you lend a hand here buddy? I have no idea about any Hydro stuff so I’m tagging a few people for you that can probably help you out. @Low @AfgVet @Covertgrower

2 Likes

Looks like lockout to me though. But don’t take my word for it and just wait until some of these other pros get in here. Good luck and happy growing!

What scale is the ppm meter? 500-700
What do you feed, When was the last feed?
3 weeks or so into flower??

pH is fine.
Humidity is high, need to get it closer to 40-50. Or risk mold/rot/whatever. Dying fan leaves I wouldn’t worry about. I usually clip most of my older/larger fans anyhow. Or any fans casting shade on bud sites… or any that just annoy me, LOL.
if there are any still fading leave them until problem is resolved. Or take them, your choice. Some say it can cause additional stress. I personally would pull after trying to rectify the problem, to “track” the spread.

If your run off ppms are actually that low and your ph is around 6.8. I’d say the plant is hungry and consuming itself.
In soil run off PPMs under 1000 make me want to feed.

2 Likes

What do you mean “what scale is the ppm”?

I used the fox farm trio for feeding. I have only fed twice and just under 1/2 the feeding schedule by FF. Last feeding was Sunday.

I just finished flushing the soil with 7gal of ph’d water. Ppm of the run off was 550, ph looked good at 6.5.

So you are thinking it is asking for more nutes?

hungry for sure. You want to aim for Feed, water, feed, water. Track in and out. Let’s say Anytime the run off is higher in ppm than what you put in skip a feed. I’d rather have hungry plants than over fed and locked out. Much easier to recover from hunger than too much. Hope I’m making sense for you, I’m not too articulate today. Sick. You were right at feeding at half strength! It’s ok to go to 75% in peak flower. I wouldnt risk full strength. FF is aggressive.

TDS meters come in 500 scale, 700 scale, and EC. Some meters have to option to pick and choose. Here’s a chart that shows the scales and how they convert to other scales. I feel like this is a bit of information that most new growers aren’t familiar with. It’s also important to calibrate meters for accurate readings, if it’s not accurate it’s guess work. :+1: every couple of weeks would be good.

FF Nutrients by the schedule are calculated by the 700 scale.
Where as- almost anything else is 500 scale. When I first started in FF I looked for A supporting tds meter.

Here is fox farm nutes on 700 scale.

Here’s one for 500 scale

It’s important to know what meter your using.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. You are spot on I have never heard/read about varying scales of meters. Thanks have the following:

Looking at the documents now and I still have no clue what scale it’s in.

So big question is, knowing that I just flushed I was going to wait until dry to feed again but do I do it now, to some extent, just to get nutrients in the soil or just wait 3 days until dry?

If you JUST flushed. I would feed now, maybe 1000-1200 ppm. (Full feed, if it exceeds then dilute down) ONLY Because of how low it is. ALWAYS follow a flush with a feed, then recharge if you have it. :+1: If you do, post back here and tag me with the run off. But you need to get your numbers in check! Accurate numbers! You could ask the seller about what scale it’s in. To be perfectly honest with you, if your gonna continue to grow, you’d be better off in buying a better quality meter. H&M is decent for the tds. It has ec 500 and 700. Apera is great for pH. Their combination meters are decent. My go to meters are the H&M for TDS and Apera for pH.

All decent meters. Apera, BluLab, H&M

2 Likes

Thanks mate. Yea someone already suggested the upgrade and they are in the cart!!!

2 Likes

That’s great! It’s a great investment, and honestly a big deal. Why read the numbers if they aren’t the real numbers? :thinking::sweat_smile::rofl: I did that for over half a grow. Kept trying to fix and make better off readings from a faulty meter. Literally chasing a ghost problem.

2 Likes

Just remember that old damaged leaves won’t get better. Look to the newest growth to see how your plant is doing currently. I would cut off those old dead leaves tho

7 Likes

E sure you’re supplementing some cal/mag as well. Use it on your “water” days

3 Likes

What they all said.

1 Like

Thanks all for the input. Apera PH60 has been ordered will retest to see if I get different readings and report back.

2 Likes

So just wanted to send out an update. Been 61 days since sprout you can see my panic issues above. At this point she’s down her path and a few weeks out, not sure how much I can change at this point. Seems like I am pulling a good amount of dead tan leaves off the plant. Pretty sure based on what I’ve read this is not normal and likely a residual or ongoing nutrient issue. Concern is that there are no big fan leaves to convert light for the plant. Like I said, feels like this ship has sailed and she will turn out how she turns out. Just curious how I can avoid my mistake for my next grow which I just popped a seed on.

Thanks all for your input. Great community!!

1 Like

Did you ever get that meter to give readings from your runoff?

I did. Also went out and bought the Apera ph meter. Last water had PPM 1160 out @ 6.7 PH

1 Like