Plant growth Problem

Started 3 Amnesia Haze plant at the same time some 2 are stunted (tiny, have very small leaves and lime green colored leaves) I’m growing in organic soil same mix for all 3 plant, even from the same batch of ILGM seeds. I have supplemented the 2 stunted plant with Nitrogen via a compost teas(with botanicare grow fert., worm castings, and some compost leachate) and applied to the soil at a 20:1 dilution rate EC reads at 1.5. The first plant is 4.75" tall after a month where as the 3 AH planted looks normal and is over 11" and looks very healthy. All three plants were transplanted 12-16

I need some more varriables a picture is worth a thousand words but only 1 of which is the right word?
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

I suspect a toxicity but would like to narrow it down more before offering advice since your ec is fairly high for so small a plant and could be other factors also the more info you share the more likely others will chime in :wink: Welcome to the think tank :slight_smile:

Strain is amnesia haze from The ILGM website

Grow is indoors 4*8 lighting is Led 2 each 1 kind k5 750w and 1 kind k3 450
Growing in an organic TLO soil mixture custom blend
Run on an 18/6 cycle from 3pm to 9am
Ventilation is provided by 2 400 CFO fans one for exhaust one for fresh air
Co2 via a mushroom bag that blow directly to the canopy tops
Temps range from 68 to 75 during the day with humidity at 40 to 55 percent
At night with the lights on the will be in the mid 70’s with the rh at in the 35 to 50 range
No a/c humidifiers or dehumidifiers I’m in so. Cal and the climate is rather dry also running lights at night to deal with low temps since the area isn’t heated thought this would be a nice compromise. I also have some other ladies that look like the third plant healthy and green but 2 two of those above have me stumped

The fans run 24/7 by the way

No idea of ph? of soil or water given? it factors hugely can make or break a grow
I am suspecting it’s a nitrogen toxicity but could be a nutrient lock out so would love to rule that out knowing your ph is important.
also when did you start feeding them if you feed too early it can stunt them too any atributing factor like are they right near intake etc?

Looking up TLO soil mix, I see a “mellow” brand for seedlings…was that the one used after the seeds sprouted?
Is the mix you used made for plants that are developed a little more?

Thought I had added that
Ph is between 6.5 - 6.8
Water used is Berkey Charcoal filtered water - similar to RO water (these filters purify pool scum water to make it drinkable and their .02 per gallon cost)
When these were transplanted on 12-16 they were given an organic soil with organic nutes in it (they spent the prior month sprouting in starter potting soil with no additional nutes). The weird thing is that the 3rd plant shown looks healthy and was treated in the same manner as #1 and 2. The intake air is about 6 feet away the exhaust 8 feet

I was a lite version and very mellow
I have used the same recipe with my past 4 grows and never had this reaction which is why it’s puzzling but I’ve never grown amenesia haze either so down know if this is a stain specific thing or what?

I’m new to indoor grows, gonna let better people assist you. I’ll be posting my own problems soon.

My experience with fem amnesia haze, ILOVEGROWINGMARIJUANA’s, this past summer outdoors…3 seeds…3, 7 foot tall plants, had to harvest early, freezing conditions.

The pros here will figure it out.

The good plant looks real nice, best wishes on the diagnosis for the other two

Phosphorus Marijuana Nutrient Problems

I know what it is just trying to determine the cause? have you checked ph of your run off?

Checked it tonight since it was time to water came up at 7.6 input water was ph adjusted to 6.4

flush Phosphorus is locked out at anything above 7 You need to flush/rinse your soil water using water ph’d around 6 3-4 times the volume of your pots check your ph as you rinse soil you want your ph close to 6.5 for run off then stop flush. The sooner the merrier will help get your plant back on the right track

Hope they recover nicely remember to check run off every water so you can adjust for the next time you water if it’s high use water ph’d a bit lower etc… will make for smoother grows and don’t forget to clean trays the dry water will have nutes which can throw off readings.

2 Likes

I’ll run a flush through them tomorrow with a ph of 6 and we will see how she goes. I transplanted no. 2 and 3 tonight in the TLO 2.1 soil mix with layers of soil, worm castings and some chicken manure (on the floor layer) along with a fresh ph adjusted water. Some of the other plants were done earlier this week and have reacted well to this mix but their not AH’s

A kelp nutrient or fulvic acids like maybe Liquid Karma would speed transplant recovery and reduce shock TLO seems like decent soil but not sure of it’s NPK and it’s an organic compost so your ph should range between 6.3-6.8 6.5 being the sweet spot. Let me know how things go :slight_smile:

If my pH is around 7 and I want to get it down to 5.8, what level pH should I water my plant with to get it to drop the pH down, but not too significantly? I know I would obviously use pH down, but what level pH should my water be before I water or flush, in order to get them down to 5.8?

Everything look great - just let it grow more to determine if there IS an issue

All 3 pictures are same strain and same age 1 month ph is well over 7 and 2 plants are under 5" and everything looks great? Did you read the details or just think the pictures are all of the same plant?