Plant growth during flowering

I have heard that quite a bit of growth can or usually does occur during the flowering stage. I am just curious if any of you guys have been able to actually
figure out aprox how much, ie 20%, 30% etc… I understand that genetics, lighting, temperature and nutes all play a big part, but all elements being properly monitored, I just wonder if there is any standards that could be shared.

Can be 10% but also can be 200% :joy:

1 Like

Main reason I ask is because I set scrog up a bit late, at end of veg, and am just hoping that it will fill in a bit more

She will fill that, I think :relaxed:.
Some pictures will help.

1 Like

This is the scrog that I made out of 1/2" pvc, I hot glued al of the intersections, now I just need to fill all of the 4X4 squares. Just hoping I have time and don’t stress the plants out too much. Some branches are too big to tuck. @M4ur

My GSCX stretched three times her size in flower

1 Like

Ok, that makes me feel a bit better, I really appreciate your response

No problem @Tech1 glad to help.
Yeah she tripled but most plants double during stretch.

1 Like

@Tech1

Yeah mine grew quite a bit during transition to flowering.

I’ve found that having my scrog not glued together has been good because there are going to be times where you will need flexibility to move the squares around to adjust- I’m sure you will be fine but just something to keep in mind.

2 Likes

When I made my net I just rapped each line one time around the cross piece and it allowed each line to move and stay in place. Works great for training and keeping her down at all times

2 Likes

May have to do that on next grow, you also have screws in yours, probably much easier to tighten and repair that way, I have mine all threaded, lol, live and learn.

1 Like

Tighten is trickier then you think, as one screw tightens a string it also loosens another. Not sure why that is , maybe need to rap the other way. Talk about live and learn. Lol :joy:

2 Likes

OK, so here is an update at day 19 of flowering

I

@Ray4x @Wishingilivedina420state

2 Likes

Tech, I did the same thing. Let them veg too long and now height is an issue. We built a quick and dirty scrog screen and it seems to be working. Just keep tucking it will work!

2 Likes

Yea,that’s what I’ve been doing, it’s really all I can do

1 Like

Nice and frosty

1 Like

Is Veg time somewhat fixed or at the discretion of the grower? How long is the typical veg period? Are there indicators as to when a plant should be placed into flower?

I really can’t speak athoritatively on your question, but I am given to understand that a min of 2 months of veg state is needed but, quite a few growers go longer so they have bigger yields. Some of the more experienced folks may be better able to explain.
@Wishingilivedina420state @bob31 @Majiktoker

1 Like

It really is strain specific as to how long veg needs to be and how much you want to yield , imo atlest 4 weeks is needed for a decent harvest. But that’s my opinion of a decent harvest and opinions very. Good luck growing.

1 Like

When they fo into flower is totally up to you! Some factors like tent size or stealthness… Growing height… how the grow fits your time schedule…

They generally need 4-8 weeks of veg to reach a decent size, but if you want a quicker grow autos can start flowering as early as one month old.

1 Like