Plant growing close to light

Hey yall, so i think i mightve switched to flowering a little too late for my grow space, im currently in the beggining of the 2nd week of flowering (12/12) at exactly 11 days after the 12 12 switch. Before that i had her do 6 weeks of veg. Shes 90cm tall rn and already 52 cm away from the light ! When i switched her i think she was about 60-70cm tall so im quite worried shes going to get very very close to the light… first time grower pls dont yell at me lol. Also the light is led uoiuxc 1000 watt (110w really but the title says 1000 idk why) with samsung leds. Also I did all i could to raise the light but it physically cant go any higher…
Heres a pic for refference.

Thx in advance for sharing your oppinions on wether or not shell be fine.

5 Likes

@Eagles009 @Davyg @MeEasy @Oldguy

2 Likes

@Gwiz
She should be fine with a bit of lst.
You could pull the top cola over a bit and tie it down.
Couple days pull it over a bit more.
That should give you a bit more distance to your light.
:v:

6 Likes

@Gwiz we were all first time growers once so there will be no yelling from us :heart_eyes:. I’m with oldguy on this one. You could squeeze the main stem about a foot from the top to soften her up and fold her over, then support the top for a fee days until she hardens up a bit :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thanks for the answers @Davyg @Oldguy , from your experience though how close can the top cola creep to the led before things get very bad? Most people say keep it 16 inches away as their low ball but im wondering if youve had plants closer than that.

3 Likes

@Gwiz
I’ve had an led ( blurple 110 ish actual watts )
about 10 in away but saw a few issues at that height. Raised to 12-14 in and they were happy again.
Your light is different and may give you trouble a bit further away. Just keep an eye on your tops for any upward fringe curl or premature yellowing on top.
From your pic looks like you’ll have plenty of room if you do a bit of lst.

:v::pray:

3 Likes

@Oldguy @Davyg Gave her a little bend, first time using lst so idk if this us too much of what…

3 Likes

@Gwiz
You can work the stem a bit more and get it a bit lower. Closer to a 90 deg bend.

Every place you pinch the stem it will thicken and stiffen up in a few days so best to not wait too long between sessions.

This is one I did just before switching my lights to flower 8 wks ago.
:v:

4 Likes

These guys have you covered!

3 Likes

I have a Lemon skunk Auto at about 8" from my light (HPS 600W Cool Tubed) d she is ok. I would have preferred 12-14" but I can touch the tube of my light and not burn fingers. :wink:
She is almost done so the yellwing leaves die fast under the light - but the cola shows no ill effects.

4 Likes

Bending is my answer as well. I didn’t see anyone mention that your light can be as close as 12 inches I think that’s like 33cm your plants without hurting it about 14-16 inches is where I would set it for flower

4 Likes

When my plant got like that big i just tied a string a foot down from tip top and made the plant look like a bow. Lol. No pinching or bending i just bowed it and tied it down. Got me 11 inches lower with 0 harm done.

2 Likes

You will get quite cavalier after a while doing LST, first time you’re :poop: yourself :man_facepalming:. Like the guys have said 12-16 inches will be fine. A good guide is placing the back of your hand where the top of your plant is and feel the heat :sunglasses:

1 Like