Plant Flower Time

What does it mean when the description of a strain says flower time 8 weeks. Does that mean in 8 weeks it starts to flower or it takes 8 weeks once flower begins or is it 8 weeks total from seed to harvest?

2 Likes

8 weeks from the start of flower, but just for safe measure add a week or 2, depending on what you want a good solid amber tric, or 50/50 amber cloudy tric. I like a good energetic high say 20-30% amber mostly cloudy,

5 Likes

My experience is the stated flower time starts once I see pre flowers… usually within a week of starting 12/12…hope that helps

2 Likes

Changed bulb and went from 24 hr to 12 by 12 16 weeks ago. Still only about 10% amber. Strain description says 8 weeks. I can understand being off a week or two but I am at 2X!

I am also concerned about my yield. Only got 1 and 1.3 oz off the two harvested. Doesn’t that seem low?

1 Like

@Redneck1 , There are many variables in the grow. Perhaps you should start a thread on your grow and let the community chime in.

2 Likes

Most definitely agree with ya @Spiney_norman, strain, type an wattage of light, indoor condition’s, training if any, an many more

2 Likes

I don’t see a grow journal here. Give us a rundown on your space, what else you did or was note worthy about your grow. What strain and where from?

If you’re still growing these plants i would also like to see a picture of them if possible.

1 Like

16 weeks does seem excessive…
Maybe fill out a support ticket and get some experienced advice from others…
Good Growing