Plant dying please help!

Why is my plant dying. Northern light from grower choice seed day 12. Using fan. Water every three days. Light samphontes 300 watts. But mostly put it on 20% power and about 15 inch over plant. Soil-fox farm fish.

Grow tent 32x32x63 i power. It was so healthy and green now looks like she’s dying what am I doing wrong here

3 Likes

When did you last water. Looks dry.
If the soil below is all dry it cant send roots very far. It may be starving from lack of roots.
Roots grow incredibly fast and at that size seedling the roots should be 8 to 12 inches long.

5 Likes

@Spiney_norman has you covered. I’m with him looks really dry. Water in a ring around the seedling. It makes the roots spread out instead of straight down.

3 Likes

Agreed. And I would probably give at least 2 or 3 cups of water to get it well moistened.

4 Likes

I second that And water slow if you water too fast it finds channels and runs straight thru :v::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Is there a meter or way to tell if I’m over watering or under watering

3 Likes

I go by the weight of the bag. Before you water pic up the pot and feel the weight. When you water pick up the pot and feel how much it weighs. Then when it feels light water again. Your not putting a lot of water in right now so that technique is kinda hard. When your watering to runoff you will know when to water. The bag will feel almost empty. I hope this helped. :v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

And I would water about a cup every 2 or 3 days. And don’t get the stem too wet. I try to stay away from the stem. And don’t worry the outside edge of the soil yet. Water in a ring a couple of inches around the stem. :v:

2 Likes

It makes sense I was just using 3 spray of water because I have ptsd from overwatering from before.

2 Likes