Plant droops and perks up periodically

I have two blue dream photos in a closet vegging. Week 5 from seed. Coco. AN Ph Perfect nutes. Day 2 after transplanting. Watering/feeding every 3-4 days. Leaf color all looks good.

The plant on the right has been fairly droopy for the last few weeks. I let it dry out, nothing happens, I water it, sometimes it perks up, sometimes it doesn’t. One time I was going to water and didn’t get it to right away to go back in and find out it perked up all on it’s own. So that makes me think it’s not always thirsty.

Transplanted two days ago and watered/fed. It was droopy for a day, second day it was great, now day 3 and it’s droopy again.

Any idea what the issue could be? Temps have been 71-74 and the humidity the last few days has been higher, over 50%, but it was drooping before humidity went up. I wonder if the roots were bound before transplanting? Not sure what those signs look like.

1 Like

What’s is your light cycle? They will drop like that at the end of the day usually an hour or so before lights out.

3 Likes

18/6. Lights have been on for an hour now. I’ll pay attention to the timing next few days.

If they were root bound prior to transplanting it make take a little time for them to stretch their legs out and get moving again.

2 Likes

thanks. the timing is interesting… hadn’t considered that as a variable. but the one on the left has always been a champ. fortunately it’s been like this for awhile so i’m not terribly concerned, but curious why. I need a baby cam in there ha.

1 Like

Live streaming is a must lol

5 Likes

haha amazing. they look gorgeous.

2 Likes

Depending on when you check in on your girls can make a huge difference in the posture of the plants. Remember that they anticipate a change in lights and an hour before lights out they will change to their night stance. This can look like a droopy plant or sometimes some taco’ing. But this is absolutely normal.

5 Likes

One of the benefits of using fabric pots is no more root bound issues.

Tell us about your feed/watering practices. How much liquid and how do you pour it?

3 Likes

Drinksling and MyFriend410!! How do good people.

@Agrestic also remember some girls just get a bit sad. The humidity above 50 in veg is recommended so not that. As said above try to check them midday

1 Like

Maybe the Haze in her might be wanting a more tropical climate? I wouldn’t worry, they both look pretty happy to me, overall. :v:

1 Like

Well you’re all on to something. Came home mid day and she perked back up. May take after me… not much of a morning person!

Watering… i’m not dialed into this yet, it’s my first grow. but it’s mostly been every third day and i’m using the happier one more as an indicator- when she starts looking a little sad I water. I don’t know how much but watering to overflow and using nutes according to AN’s recs. They were doused when they were transferred, next watering should be tomorrow in the new pots and new volume.

I think it’s time to top and start LST! this is ridiculously exciting. If you’d shown me pics of your baby cam on your plants a few months ago, I’d have rolled my eyes. I GET IT. this is so oddly fascinating and fun. And stressful! My heart will snap if something happens to them. I have visitors coming and after that… they get a tent!

3 Likes

Haha. Its definitely addictive. Have to pace urself. Buy it correct first time to avoid extra spending.

3 Likes

Purp, where were you two weeks ago LOL. I’m broke yet suddenly stopped worrying about money… WHATEVER THEY NEED THEY GET. I set rules for what I was going to buy and it all went out the window. I just talked to my contractor about putting venting through my roof and then this summer, a tiny addition on the back of my tiny house. LOL. what’s wrong with me.

2 Likes

Hahaha. I was on my lil hiatus. Always down to help spend the coins the right way. Have seen many a funds dropped then 2 months later need upgrading. All that said tents are tents and lights are lights. Some do better but they all grow pot

2 Likes

Yep, I’m already rebuying a few things. Live and learn. But this time around planning ahead for any expansions. Thank the heavens for interest free credit cards! And I limited here by law to a set number of plants. I’m also logistically limited in my mini house. But i’m going to max this out best I can and hope my interest keeps up… ha.

1 Like