Plant diagnosis help

I’m on day 39 of flower.

Strain is GDP.
Nutrients: Floraflex B1-B2 / Cal-mag / mammoth microbes.
Soil: FFOF 50-50 with FFHF
Ph: okay so I think this may be my issue. I wasn’t checking my run off on my plant for while cause I didn’t know. So we i was feeding 1500 ppm (early flower stage)for a bit. run off ppm found out was 4000. So I knocked my nutes back by half. Feeding 700-800 ppm made sure I got 25% runoff. Now I got my ppm down to 1900-2000 ph was 5.7-5.8. One day during week 3 of flower or 4? I noticed the yellowing at the top of my leaves. And burnt tips. So I decided I had nute lock out. Flush with ph’ed water at 6.7 got my runoff ppms down to 500 ppm and stopped. Ph was 6.2-6.3. Now it’s time to water and I feed 600ppm 6.8 ph. Runoff was 1100ppm and 6.2ph. Am I doing something wrong? 4/5 actual grow from seed.

Light: black dog LED 600
Pot: 7gal smart pot.
Temps: 84 and 45rh
Tent:3x3

Yellowing is mostly at the top of my colas. Barley any to non in the lower canopy.

1 Like

Looking nice

How close are you keeping that light?

With some nute lines, you’ve just gotta be more precise with everything. Also, if they recommend regular flushes, do them. Synthetic Nutrients leave behind a lot more than nutrients, which can affect your medium’s pH and tds.

Are you supplementing any micronutrients?

1 Like

I’m on day 40

of flower.

Strain is GDP.
Nutrients: Floraflex B1-B2 / Cal-mag / mammoth microbes.
Soil: FFOF 50-50 with FFHF
Ph: okay so I think this may be my issue. I wasn’t checking my run off on my plant for while cause I didn’t know. So we i was feeding 1500 ppm (early flower stage)for a bit. run off ppm found out was 4000. So I knocked my nutes back by half. Feeding 700-800 ppm made sure I got 25% runoff. Now I got my ppm down to 1900-2000 ph was 5.7-5.8. One day during week 3 of flower or 4? I noticed the yellowing at the top of my leaves. And burnt tips. So I decided I had nute lock out. Flush with ph’ed water at 6.7 got my runoff ppms down to 500 ppm and stopped. Ph was 6.2-6.3. Now it’s time to water and I feed 600ppm 6.8 ph. Runoff was 1100ppm and 6.2ph. Am I doing something wrong? 4/5 actual grow from seed.

Light: black dog LED 600
Pot: 7gal smart pot.
Temps: 84 and 45rh
Tent:3x3

Yellowing is mostly at the top of my colas. Barley any to none in the lower canopy.

1 Like

Yes, you’re feeding too much, still. The output tells you that. Your soil is acidifying quickly because of that, too.

Stop overfeeding her. If 600ppm gives you an almost double run-off…feed less. Keep going in at 6.8, even 7.0. In bloom, your plants like a high pH.

1 Like

Height of light?

Doesn’t Fox Farm ocean Forest compact with all the nutrients you need so you pretty much just Add Water? I’ve heard a lot that you can get away with just doing that up until the flowering stage?

Okay so feed even less than what I’m doing to get my runoff higher in ph? And the ffof doesn’t have anymore nutes left. It only last for about a month.

Your run-off is telling you what you need to do. Listen to it. If more comes out than you’re putting in, then your plant already has plenty to eat.

A bag of FFOF can get you farther than about a month. Did you do a run-off test BEFORE you started adding nutrients? Test, test, test! Always test before adding or subtracting stuff from your grows. That’s why you bought the meters, right? :grinning:

2 Likes

True lol. I’m still new to growing. This is my 4/5 grow under my belt. I have a EC meter ppm meter and ph meter. If I’m understanding right… my plant doesn’t need anymore food. I need to have more water to nutes ratio to get my ph up in my soil. My ppms should be below 500 maybe 400

Your nutrient line should have a chart?

1 Like

Also light distance is about 26-30 inches. I also started out with advance and switched to flora and added microbes