Plant description

Well I bought seeds of Feminized OG KUSH. WELL one of them is definitely a different type plant.

Is there anyone could tell me the strain?

3 Likes

It’s very typical to have wild phenotype variations within the same strain. Almost every single grow I have a few plants of the same strain that couldn’t be any more opposite in every way. Even one showing pure Indica traits and the other Sativa.

3 Likes

Growing by seed you will get variations in phenotype.

“Most experts classify the OG Kush strain as a hybrid, although little is actually known about its true genetic origins (rumors claim the strain may be a blend between parent plants Chemdawg and Hindu Kush ).”

Could be more of one or the other of the parents or somewhere in between.

2 Likes

Just a phenotype, I don’t look anything like my little brother, but we both came from the same parents…

He was cut out tho…tumor baby

Cannabis strains of today are pretty hybridized. Even seeds from the same female can produce a variety of appearances.

I harvested a ILGM Maui and it definitely does not conform to the description in grow, taste, or yield. Hopefully, it was an ‘off’ phenotype and my next run of that strain will be more conforming.

1 Like

So nothing to worry about? I am into 8 weeks flower

1 Like

is this og kush auto or photo?

Og kush Feminized

1 Like

This strain is Ajl. In 8 weeks of flowering could you tell me if this has yet some time in harvest

1 Like

It would help to have close up pics of the trichomes, but I’d say they still have a couple of weeks left.

Well if you can give me a good idea I will send some new ones tomorrow. I was saying to more weeks to. I have 3 og kush 1 grand daddy purple and the Andrettis. Thanks for your help

1 Like

Good morning I hope I have another helper. Here are some shots I took this morning

1 Like

The best I can estimate from those pics is approx another week or two. It would help a lot if you picked up a cheap jewelers loupe on Amazon. They have plenty of 30x and 60x magnification ones for just a few bucks. With that, you can look directly at the trichomes and see how many are still clear, how many have turned cloudy, and if you have any amber ones yet.

I have a jewlers loupe but keeping my hands still is very hard.

1 Like

I hear you, it’s difficult for me as well. It’s a bit easier if you snip a tiny piece of bud off and look at in on a table rather than trying to hold the loupe steady standing in front of the plants.

1 Like

Guess what I did do that. But I took a bud more in the middle of a cola. So your recommendation is periodically check like that and see what happens

1 Like

Pretty much, yeah. You have to keep checking until you feel they’re ready. Probably the best thing for you to do is some reading on the effects of early or late harvest on your plants. You’ll find info that explains harvesting a bit early will lead to more of a Sativa type high and waiting a little longer can give your buds more of an Indica type of effect. Bottom line, you’ll find your own perfect method that works for you after a few more grows. You might find that you like to cut them down a week or so earlier than I do, and you might end up liking them more when you wait a week longer. Basically, at this point it’s more of a preference than an exact science.

Well what the deal is for me is that when I get this far I mess up. Either to early. I think I over dried it to the last grow zkittlez was my last grow. So I will pluck a bud here and there

1 Like

Here is question for you. This time I am going to trim and then dry. Now is it a big deal to hang them upside down?.