Plant bug spray

i think what i have got is nats from the black cow furtilizer, dont see anything else. what is the best all round spray for this and next to come.

1 Like

This is what I’ve used so far and it takes care of it all…even the strawberries we’ve already EATEN were safe after using this stuff…Lowe’s or even dollar general might have this but Lowe’s for sure

Less diluted it will be more powerful just mind when it rains you’ll wanna watch for pests after each time it rains and just re-spray tops and bottoms of leaves as needed all the way through harvest (is my plan at least)…good luck don’t give up!

1 Like

Gnats can be a real pain to rid. Make sure you’re letting the soil dry out before watering each time. You can also use Mosquito Bits and yellow sticky cards

3 Likes

I’ve used what @AfgVet is advising and it works. I found that soaking the bits overnite in water and then watering the plants worked best for me. I used probably a table spoon or more of bits to a gallon of water. Don’t know if thats the right measurement or not, but its what I did.

3 Likes

It’s me again, post I was looking at a thread by @yoshi and he said a fellow grower from Georgiatold him to use milk to get rid of gnats. Then later on in the posts @Calizona said he tried it and it worked. sounds good as most people have milk around. Don’t know how much was used but with them both being tagged I’m sure someone will see this an answer. here’s the threads link.

1 Like

Hey @pillsbury thanks for the tag. I followed yoshi’s method of 1/4 cup milk to 1 gal water. After one single treatment, the gnats subsided. I have tried the bits, the neem, nasty a$$ fish emulsion, etc. Milk has been the best so far. Could be that its 113° and nothing should be alive in this heat… just saying it’s hot here. Raaaahhhhh!!!

2 Likes

I’ve been using milk too it definitely seams to work. I wouldn’t use Sevin It didn’t work out for Don Vito in the godfather

Gnats are a pain, especially in outdoor garden. If nature isn’t taking it’s course, then you’ll want to use bti or product with it.