Plant bloom nutrients

I know I should have waited for the funds to buy all the equipment I would need but I suffer from chronic lower back pain. Through a friend I found my pain could be much better managed with cannabis as opposed to opoids, unfortunately I live in an unenlightened state and the cost of what I need I cannot afford. Thankfully sites like ilgm exist. I know other people are in the same situation as I find myself and your advise and the reading material Robert provides is like a lifeboat in a sea of uncertainty. I am hoping in 6 weeks to be self sufficient and to break the chains of the fears of addiction to relieve myself of my pain. Thanks for the help so far and the continued support.

3 Likes

15 days into flowering.

3 Likes

I think that is the first time I ever quoted a whole post! I hear ya brother. And I’m glad I am able to help you. I don’t judge people anymore. I and my wife both suffer from Chronic pain, but not to your level and MJ has been a life saver for both of us.

Please do me a huge favor though. Tomorrow. Go to your local pet store and buy a small ph test kit like you use for fish tanks. They should have small bottles of pH up and down in them something like this one

1 Like

Any chance you sould get me the model name/ number of the Zero Water pitcher so I can look it up @Bjw

I will definitely pick one up. I am too close to the end to ruin all my hard work. I will update with the ph levels tomorrow.
Have you ever grown the pineapple haze? Wanted to try that next grow but seems like it might be a bad choice for a beginner.
Thinking of ordering the Patriot mix pack and doing bubblegum. Any thoughts?

I haven’t grown either @Bjw

I have blueberry, AK47, Gold Leaf, Gorilla Glue (bag seed) and Amnesia Haze grows. I grew some BS back in the 70’s too! lol

So the next grow are you looking for something easy to grow that can give you both daytime and nightime pain relief? How about blueberry autos? I grew them over the summer and they came out great.

Another thought is there is a sale on the patriot mixpack right now. 30 seeds for $99 is a really great deal!

Let me look up the bubblegum and get back to you…

@Bjw

Yeah the bubblegum looks great! It does increase appetite (just in case thats an issue) but otherwise, it looks like a winner to me.

The AK47 is a slightly Sativa dominant Hybrid as well and I have some here. It’s good smoke too!

SD is a win win as far as I am concerned. Several of the members have taken advantage of this deal!

If you can scrape $20 together you really should. The ph meter is the single most important tool that you can have. @bob31 has given you good advice and it would be a crime to lose your crop because the ph was off.

3 Likes

I’m actually kinda perplexed @Myfriendis410

Its soiless so 5.8 and hes only using filtered water from the tap. Unless his tap is coming out around 6?

Most everyone I talk to the ph of their tap is 7 or higher.

Not sure what to make of it, but it worries me. lol

2 Likes

I agree @bob31 definitely gave me some solid advice. Going this evening to pick one up.
Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good but I have come to far to let something happen now.
I went ahead and ordered the Patriot mix pack, that was to good a deal to pass on.

2 Likes

I ought to but I’m up to my neck in seeds haha!

Great job @bob31!

2 Likes

me too @Myfriendis410 I have enough to last me two years or more! I’m practicing restraint! LOL

2 Likes

I bought a ph test kit. My tap water tested at 6.5 and my nutrient solution at 6.0. Since I only have 1 more feeding till I switch I switch nutrients not going to change. Once I mix my first batch of fox farmbig boom I will test to see if I need to adjust the ph levels.

6.0 will work, But for reference here is the pH chart.

6.0 is locking out nutrients

Nutrient_Chart2

calcium stops being uptaked at 5.8

@Bjw

1 Like

Thanks for putting up that chart! I knew the range, but didn’t realize my Ca and Mn were being locked out on my grow. That explains some things for me!

I did adjust my nutrients with a few drops of ph up to 6.3 level.
Tomorrow will be day 21 into flowering. Should I switch to the fox farm big bloom for next feeding or wait another week? @bob31

You should follow the FF Feeding chart @Bjw

3 rd week of flower you should use week 7

3 tsp of Big Bloom
2 tsp Grow Big
2 tsp Tiger Bloom

1 Like

Thanks for the information

1 Like

You’re welcome. Add them all to the same gallon of water. pH back to mid 6 and happy happy. The FF nutes should bring your water down to 5.8. @Bjw

Day 22 flowering. Looking ok? Anything I should be doing?

2 Likes