Planning My Second Grow

@3high5you

Even if I am using that space to grow just the two plants?

1 Like

Yes, those two plants will quickly fill that space. You could do a single plant, fill the space, and still need more light.

2 Likes

@3high5you

I guess I will be purchasing another light then!

2 Likes

I suggest a Meizhi or Viparspectra.

3 Likes

@3high5you

Will a MH light solve the problem of heat and light?

2 Likes

Very astute of you there. It certainly could! It could also be more economical in the short term.

2 Likes

@3high5you

I may look into a MH light set up to run with the LED’s. Do you know if they consume a lot of electricity?

Just a random questions also, if I did nothing to heat up the room would the MJ just grow at a much slower rate since it is colder, or will it not grow at all?

2 Likes

It will still grow, but the growth will be retarded by the lack of heat. Your temps might be alright, though 60-70 would be better if possible.

The MH won’t really use too much more electricity. It’s durability that is the main concern.

3 Likes

One plus of adding a heater to your basement is that the heat will rise and supplement the heat in your house… :wink:

3 Likes

i use this

3 Likes

@BIGE

Nothing showed up :frowning:

@3high5you

If I have the 2 LEDs mentioned above, is there a specific MH you recommend? Or any idea if what wattage I would be looking to get?

1 Like

You want roughly 312 watts total. You could probably get away with a little 150W hood. They’re roughly $65-70 ish. You can get a 300W Meizhi LED for the same price if you look around. It’ll last far longer and is definitely a better investment. If you can afford the 600W that would give you full coverage and you’d have the veg and bloom switches.

2 Likes

@3high5you

Do you think the added LED light will raise the temps enough to grow, even if it isn’t ideal temperatures?

1 Like

I think you’ll be fine. You’re already pretty close to ideal.

2 Likes

@3high5you

One more question…I am looking at the 600W Meizhi LED…are Roleadro and MarsHydro brands to look at as well? Or is the Meizhi that much better?

1 Like

Mars Hydro would be better, but more expensive. I am unfamiliar with Roleadro. If you’d like to compare, the two brands I recommend are Meizhi and Viparspectra.

2 Likes

@3high5you

I will do some shopping today on Amazon for a 600W LED…

Thank you!

2 Likes

I think you’ll find them more expensive than eBay.

2 Likes

@3high5you

I’ll check eBay as well!

2 Likes

I found this one with decent reviews, and it is like $50 cheaper than the Marshydro

Any input? @3high5you

2 Likes