Planning my first grow-nutes advice

Hi everybody, I want to start grow some flowers but I’m a noob
I got a tent 1m x 1m x 2m and two viparspectra Led lights 600w and 450w, On my last try to grow I mistaken the whole part of feeding the plants and my biggest fear is to do that again so if any of you could recommend any soil compatible with the General hidroponics trio and some beneficial bacteria to roots would be great.

And my apologies for my bad English

1 Like

Promix, coco, sunshine mix #4, FOx Farms Happy Frog or Ocean Forest are all good options with GH nutes. Welcome to the forum @Andrecarvalho and let us know if there is any questions you have!

1 Like

Thank you bro :+1:t2:

1 Like

I’ve heard of Azos and mycos are good for beneficial microbes. I’m not sure if I spelled those correctly, but I believe @yoshi used them with great results.

2 Likes

Have you heard of this one? What you think? There are a lot of products very difficult to get in my country… (portugal)

I’m actually using that coco in my current grow on the 3 plants in my flower tent! I’ve used Mills soil too and it’s a great product!

1 Like

I don’t think they ship to Portugal, i’ve already bought Tarantula and piranha from advanced nutrients but I don’t understand how to use them and when to use them :joy:

When coco is used there is any difference from the regular soil? I mean if there is any extra supplement we should add?

1 Like

With coco, just make sure you’re ph is between 5.5-6 with 5.8 usually being the sweet spot. Coco doesn’t have any stored nutrients so you will have to start feeding as soon as the first round cotylidons yellow and die off.
The Piranha and Tarantula are mostly used during the vegetative cycle. You’ll want a PK booster for flower.
The Mills Ultimate soil is very similar to FF Ocean Forest and doesn’t need any added nutrients for at least 4 weeks.

2 Likes

I’ve amended my coco with perlite and dolomite lime. Usually 25% perlite and a TBS per gallon of medium with dolomite lime.

2 Likes

MacG has stated that coco needs cal/mag supplements.

1 Like

There’s this guy named Robert Bergman…
He or @Countryboyjvd1971 or @ILGM.Roy or @ILGM.Zoe who could probably hook you up. I’ve heard he has some mighty fine products and he’s cheaper and CLOSER than ya think…

1 Like
1 Like

Don’t ship to Portugal bro :confused:

So if I use mills, the soil itself will feed the plant, but if I wanted to add an extra veg week I have to add nutrients to water??

1 Like

Depends on your plant. It could be enough to get you through veg and then you’d only need flower nutes. That’s with Mills Soil, not coco. With the coco you need to start feeding as soon as the fist round leaves yellow and die.

1 Like

Thanks for everything as soon I start my grow I post it here

Hello friend. I’m an old school cultivator and have seen mgdo a great job if applied correctly. Ive seen alot of nutrients that people are using and it appears they work well. To clarify, I wouldn’t Use MG because nutes have evolded as much as the biology of plant understanding. I chose to experiment with Roberts own reccomedation and endorsement of Flower Power plant food. I have the most primative grow set up you could possible use made from old parts in my outbuilding. Just enough junk to get a plant to come alive and sustain it. Old top soil with treebark in it. This is the most vibrant plant I’ve ever seen. 3 week old NL auto that is growing one set of 9 fingered fans and over an inch daily. UNBELIEVABLE! I LOVE FLOWER POWER! Check it out.

Oh, and proper PH. Duh.

Mgdo ??? Don t understand that