Planning first Gold Leaf grow

Im planning my second grow waiting patiently for my Girl scout cookies extreme trichomes to start turning cloudy is the beginning of week #9 of flower and 2nd week using only PH balanced water. 
 Gold Leaf is going to be my second ever grow and since I have a 4x4x7 grow tent I'm going to try the screen of green method. My question is how many plants realistically should I use? Have 4 GSCE presenty also how much vegetation time do I allow for the Scrog method? I appreciate eny feed back. 1970Cuda

What’s your lighting situation

I use kind a Kind L600 & platinum P300 for veg. And for flower I use kind 750 XL and a platinum P900

I’ve got an ilgm goldleaf outside right now. She’s in a 30 gal container and about 7’ tall. Can’t wait for the buds. So far it’s been an easy grow.
She’s 3rd from the left.

4 Likes

Looking very good! Look forward to seeing those buds!

1 Like

Me too.

If you’re not experienced running a scrog, I would suggest 1 plant per screen. That doesn’t mean you couldn’t build 4 small screens, or a number of other things. But having multiple plants trained to the same screen can be a bit nerve wracking. It opens door to a lot of potential issues with plants growing at different rates and having different harvest requirements.

If you already have 4 plants going, I would consider maybe just going a round or two of topping and some low stress training. The 4 plants can fill a 4x4 pretty easily, and would probably be a smoother grow. Then maybe try to scrog a plant or two on your next grow.

4 Likes

Thankyou for your advice it’s much appreciated!

On my research on Gold Leaf it has a tendency to grow very tall, if I put 4 in my 4x4 tent how long do you reccomend I vegetated them before the switch to flower.