I’m currently using 2 100 watt lights and need to replace it with 1 good light

1 Like

Hi there. What size area?
Light budget?
How many plants?
Tent?
PaOjtXFCVqp5Q8g0si

1 Like

Don’t go cheap. Buy the best you can handle. IMO Horticulture Lighting Group makes the best lights available today. With one of those you can get away with 500 to 600 watts of lights as opposed to inferior diodes will need 800 watts to properly illuminate that space.

7 Likes

HLG has a refurbished 350R that would do nicely.
Just Google " Refurbished HLG 350R "
I think the discount code DUDE still works, may be other discounts soon
They state it will flower a 3x5

3 Likes

I’m using a Spiderfarmer 7000 with add on UVA bars in my flower tent and a Spiderfarmer 4000 in my veg tent. Plants seem happy. Previously used a Vivosun 4000 and it gave me great results also.

1 Like

2nd the 350r. Great light.

1 Like

I’m using the refurbished 350r. Does the job for me.this auto’s been flowering for 3 weeks.

2 Likes

Words to live by (or bye?)

1 Like

I’m still a little new at this I have a 3 x 3 x 5 tent not a 3x5

2 Likes

Then perhaps an HLG 300L Rspec.

3 Likes

Agreed, don’t cheap out. if you want to produce a high quality product.

2 Likes

Thank you this looks like a great light

2 Likes

The 300 L is a great light :v:

1 Like

For indoor winter grows, I go old-school MH and LPS, even though they have horrible light efficiency ratings, the waste is heat and heat is not waste during the winter months so it ends up ultimately being as cost-effective as LED for in house winter grows :rofl:

For LED as several have said, it’s almost always true that the more you spend on LED the better you get, but light alone is not always the limiting factor in a grow, so for many that have not optimized every other aspect of a the grow a moderate priced light is plenty sufficient and will just fine.

I have seen phenomenal grows with all types of light, never ignore the inverse square law when placing the light, it can make a cheaper light better than higher priced one.

1 Like

Welcome to the community , you won’t go wrong spending your money on HLG lights.
Happy growing :v:

1 Like

What’s your opinion on the full spectrum 1500 watt light in about 10 sq ft?

I’m not knowledgeable enough with lighting and the different specs and stuff. But the resident guru of lighting technology around here is @dbrn32

Which light are you referring to? I’m sure it’s not 1500 watts, so would like to look at it.

Hey y’all I’m using tsw2000 mats hydro, waited a bit too long in veg too flip, granddaddy purple on 1 plant counted 37 Bud sites, I’m in a 3x3 tent and out of room check it out

3 Likes

5 Likes