Pistol question

Late August in Virginia small buds starting to form with very few brown pistils already. Is it normal for them to start turning this early going into week 3 of flowering?

1 Like

yes…that’s the sign…you plant is in flower and produces thc now. the brown pistils turns whaite again. about week 6-7 they turn amber again. that’s normal.
sry 4 my english

week 3 flower, brown pistils

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply, that helps a lot

Was also wondering if anyone might know if this is an indica or sativa? I’m thinking a sativa strain from the shape of the leaves but this is a plant I’m growing from a bag of smoke from last year so I really don’t know what it is.

look like sativa dominant strain
marihuana-diferencias-indica-sativa-ruderalis_blog_full

2 Likes

Thanks that’s what I was thinking I hope there’s enough warm weather for it to finish up

Those white pistols come out looking for pollen. That is where a seed would grow if it pollenated. it keeps trying to pollenate. making the buds bigger. After a bit they die off (turn brown) but are replaced by more as the buds keep growing.

1 Like

Looks sativa dominant, but things get weird in the flowering stretch.
Don’t watch the pistols, watch the trichomes on your flowers. You have many weeks to go.
Plants look great btw.

2 Likes

exactly…
Don’t look at Pistils. Check your Trichomes only on the Buds, not on the Leaves!

A Pistil collects pollen from the male plant when it’s being fertilized, but will not impact the flower’s flavor or overall effectiveness. So, your plant showing you, she’s female and ready for babys. If you have male plants in your room/tent, get them off, quickly!
sry my bad english

1 Like

Should I cut the fan leaves or leave it alone

Leave those fan leaves alone. Only remove the ones that are yellowing. They are the way the buds get their nutrients. That plant looks pure sativa to me. I’m going to venture a guess and say bag seed @Marine1? Anyway wether you’re in Va high country or low, there’s about 2 months to go. She’ll be badass around Halloween.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply I’ll leave the leaves alone

1 Like

Was 7 foot tall and 12 foot in diameter but was noticed by the mail man and was forced to cut her down stupid state laws