Pinkie’s White Widow SOG

Here goes my attempt at a SOG. I was given 4 clones a few weeks ago that I’ve grown out and I’m now taking some clippings from.
“The Plan” is 9 plants in my 3x3.
I’ve bought 8.5” x 8.5” pots, which from my master google skills have converted to 1.7liter.
I’m looking to use this as a personal challenge to step up from the last grow and try something new. Whether it’s harder or easier, more or less qty makes no difference, I just want to try a different way than the ScrOG I did last time.
Here’s what I’ve got and done so far.
I bought some Rockwool cubes

I also bought some growth hormone

Next was a tray and a plastic dome (sorry, no picture by itself)

Then a light. It nothing fancy, just a small led shop light. 2’

image image

Assembly time

On to the part that I’m running blind on. Again, this site and google being my go-to’s for any grow info have led me to come up with this.

I soaked the cubes twice. First time with RO water only for a few hours. I read somewhere that it does something that I can’t really recall…but I did it anyways because it didn’t cost me anything :man_shrugging:t3::joy:
Second time was with a splash of bloom from my 3 part series and a couple drops of a product called superthrive(kelp and stuff) for a few hours.

image image

Got my self a fresh blade and some alcohol and started clipping some candidates.

I’ll be putting the tent back up in the next few days and getting lights and fans ready

Let’s see what happens!!

5 Likes

Interesting…think I’ll follow along.

3 Likes

I would like to follow as well. Sounds interesting to me as well.

3 Likes

Thanks for tagging along.
Ill be using the same lights from my last build. I built 2, 10 strip bridgelux eb gen2 lights…2’ Length each running a mean well HLG 120H

9 Likes

How many plants did you harvest in your last grow in 3x3?

Great looking set up you have!

1 Like

Just 2 in a screen bent and twisted all over. :joy:
Here is my last grow’s link if you’re looking for something to read…Nothing special, just my first grow from building the lights all the way to harvest.

Great job on that grow! Love those lights! 9 will be a push, as you said, see how it goes :smile:

1 Like

@GreenPinkie,
If you don’t mind I would like to follow along. I am fixing to harvest my first grow, and to me you are clearly a cut above the some of the growers out there. The lights you built were awesome and you did a nice job on that last grow. I dont know about you, but I have read a lot too, and it clearly seems like there are many different ways to grow this amazing plant. It was a little confusing to me. Most of the group here is consistent in their methods. The may use different media, and grow different strains, but a lot of the techniques are the same as far as plant care. I look forward to learning from you. The only thing I can think of is aybe

2 Likes

(dang it- premature sending of the post!)
maybe trying to pinch those plants where you are bending them first. If you crush those fibers they will bend easier and not snap. Someone recommended that to someone here awhile back. This poor, one eyed redneck is looking forward to your grow.

1 Like

Did you ever say how much you got from that 1st grow? You said you wanted 300 grams. The pic you showed looked like it was double that.

I love the light ratchets. Maybe a little over engineered - do you think. On board. Interesting grow. I’m up for it.

3 Likes

I don’t remember the exact number. It was more than the 300 grams

6 Likes

Thanks for joining.
The light in general I think I over engineered :joy:, but the ratchet straps was me being cheap at the end! I had them on hand and I was getting the hairy eyeball from my wife about the amount of money I spent to get “free” weed :joy::joy:

2 Likes

@repins12 @NevadaBoy @Nicky @Dbpooper
I’ll bet I could use your opinions on this journey if you’d care to follow :wink:

2 Likes

Hey I’m down to watch digging the setup brother🍻

1 Like

Wow! Found my answer :relaxed:

2 Likes

Right on my friend ! Im really jealous now dangit you got smoke & a pinball machine, your wife cant be all that bad lol :+1::v:

2 Likes

Gotta do something when you’re high :joy::wink:

1 Like

What was your thinking in going with 9 plants this time? You ran out of lateral room with just 2 plants the last time. Judging by the success of your last grow, if you moved this one outside you could reverse all of the ozone layer damage!!l Getting high and going to play pinball or foosball. Those were the days…

I scog’d the last grow which tied the branches down to the trellis netting and spread it out. This time I not vegging very long. I’m going to sea of green this grow, which keeps the plants very small and only get 1-2 colas from each one. The veg time I’m hoping for only a couple weeks after I establish roots. Smaller pots, smaller plants, less veg time. Same yield(I hope)

2 Likes