Pin hole light leaks

yeah green isn’t supposed to but i’ve noticed working on my plants in the night cycle resulted in some seeds every time. Perhaps it could be from something else but I have not found any since I stopped doing that. I only do it if it’s an absolute must.

1 Like

@KoolHandLuke My setup is like yours, and my climate is similar, so I’m tracking your grows now. I’m a few months behind you in my 1st grow process. I’m addressing light leaks now.

**What have you learned from your plants and these rad folks about light leaks since September? What kind of light matters and when?

@Arborholic , It depends on how much light your pin holes are producing. In my opinion small and very dim light sources are not going to affect your grow . Have you every witness a clear sky night in the Midwest. The stars and the moon is almost like daylight, and grows don’t have a problem with it. I feel the LED status light from power strips and other devices in your grow room ,are a greater problem. In my opinion pin hole light is a bailout for growers who over stress their plants in flower ( It wasn’t me ,it was the tent ). Keep in mind that my opinion is based on my experience with the strains I have grown ( which is limited) . And every grow is different because of environment, and cultivars. Some strains are more sensitive. My last grow with a ton of pin hole leaks , 2 pounds trimmed , no seeds.

2 Likes

Yes, the outdoor growers who deal with so so many sources of light- street/property lamps, moonlight that leaves shadows, car headlamps, head- head lamps, lol. but then they have the sun and all of god’s natural resources, and not a light controlled tent where we are minigods supplying everything… apples to oranges. I did see a vid of mr canuk (maybe?) where one plant lived where the door left a crack, and all of the other plants went into bloom and that one was behind and he said it was the light leak. But who knows what type of light was leaking in- that’s the key. Thanks dude!

1 Like