Pigments change, spots, a couple of yellowing tips?

I watered yesterday but right now all I know is it was in the 6ish range my tester went out so I’m stuck with paper test strips until I can order a new one, thinking I should just wait and maybe water with neutral water next water? Any suggestions?

I believe the discoloration in the middle of your leaves is being caused by PH fluctuations. Invest into a decent PH meter. If you can afford it get a Apera or BlueLabs ph meter. If your budget doesn’t allow a better one you can get a Amazon cheapie for $15 or so. But you do need to get one. :+1:If you’re in soil, be sure to ph your water at 6.5

2 Likes

This ph meter is good it does ec aswell ,as for ur plant if i was u i would do a good check for pests as well as fixing ur ph

If u want a good pH meter if say apera ph20. A dual one does pH and ec is apera ph60. Be best bet for a good meter pH is a must for growing good weed

I think that’s the one I got! It’s the second one I’ve bought, I think I’m doing it wrong, it won’t stabilize when I try to calibrate it. Very annoying….

So this is the one I have and it the second ph meter I’ve bought and I try to calibrate it, it never works for me the reading never stabilizes afterwards??? What am I doing wrong?

Just having trouble with calibration with these things. I’m doing it in 250ml of distilled water but the meter never stabilizes afterward I think I’m doing something wrong this is the second different type that does the same thing to me.

I truly think I’m doing something wrong with calibrating these ph meters I’m doing it in 250ml of distilled water but after I’m done the ph meter never stabilizes after to get a reading on anything.

So I need advice/help on this calibration thing with the ph meter (I feel like and idiot I swear) and should I go ahead and flush the plants or wait until next water and give them normal water??( Water is in about two more days.)
They have gotten a little bit more yellow or bronze .

Are you calibrating in straight distilled or distilled with the calibration powder added? You can’t calibrate with just distilled.

1 Like

I’m using the calibration powder

Yeah distilled water with the calibration powder.

Damned if I know, then. I’ve got the Apera PH20. That unit recommends storing using the storage solution in the cap to prevent probe dryout. I looked at the manual for your unit and they recommend soaking the probes in straight distilled if they dry out. I’d try that before I junked it, as it’s easy to do, you have the distilled, and might actually work.

From the Vivosun manual (emphasis mine):
Always replace protective cap after using digital meter to keep electrode from drying out due to prolonged exposure to air, which leads to slow or unstable readings.

Lol I mean this is the second ph meters from two different companies doing the same thing! It’s go to be something I’m not doing right. Are you supposed to wash it off in between each testing solution?

I mean I just bought it I never used it except to calibrate it

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

Check this reference :point_down:

I rinse mine in the tap, then swish in some distilled before storage. The bulbs may have dries out while sitting in the warehouse. I’d try doing what the manual recommends and soaking in distilled for a few hours. I don’t think it’s your calibration. If you calibrated incorrectly you’d get an incorrect but stable reading.

And yes, you rinse between solutions.

Okay I’m soaking the ph meter for an hour or 2 I went ahead and flushed one plant with my tap water here I’m going to see how it’s responding when I go back in there to try and get this ph meter right. If the one lady responds well to the flush I’ll go ahead and flush the other 2. So does this mean since I’m flushing I need to add nutrients next feeding?