Pigmentation change, spots, yellowing tips?

Water ph is in the 6.2 to 6.6 range tester went out, using water testing strips all I got until I can get a new meter. Maybe wait and see until next water and water neutral and test the run off?

1 Like

I’m sure more experienced growers will give better advice, but for my first grow I waited 30 days to feed. On my second grow I started feeding at 10 days (when the seedling stage ended) and I’ve had much happier leaves. I grow in Ocean Forest/Happy Frog and use the dirty dozen at 25% strength. They may just need to be feed. They look very robust so food would be my first thought. Other than that, what kind of water are you using?

I’m using spring water with ph down solution. The soil is foxfarm ocean forest. We are almost at the 3week of the grow mostly until two nights ago have been on a 24 hour light schedule now on 20-4

Ocean Forest has plenty of nitrogen, so you may be having a nitrogen uptake issue. Try watering in some microbes. Won’t hurt and may solve the problem.

I would say get a ph and tds meter as quick as u can. Most of the time FFOF soil should get your at least 4 weeks of nutes, so if your are watering with the wrong ph you are probably experiencing root lock out, you will need to flush to fix that, But before you do Get a Ph and tds meter is the only way to know 100% what is going on in your soil.

1 Like

Do you supplement Calcium? It could definitely be pH but also looks like Ca deficiency to me.

1 Like

My experience with CalMag deficiency has always had some rust spots, however it could show in numerous ways I am sure. I would definitely check your ph when the new meter comes in. I keep mine at 6.5-6.6 with FFHF. CalMag wouldnt hurt I am sure, kind of hard to overdo CalMag I am learning.

2 Likes

Calcium deficiency gives the rust, magnesium can appear very similar if not just like this on the leafs.

It absolutely couldn’t hurt to give them a good does now or next water…

1 Like

Learned something new today, good stuff to know

2 Likes

No clue if that’s the issue but I’d probably give em some if I had it while I continued to troubleshoot :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@ThatsNotMineOfficer @Kingkupa @TheVirginiaLawyer @1HappyPappy @MH47 just an updated photo for everyone. Things seem to be going pretty well.

5 Likes

Good to hear, feel free to keep updating and ask questions, only way to learn, keep up the good work and happy growing

2 Likes

Looking good!

1 Like

Whatever you’re doing is definitely working.
Looking good :+1:

1 Like

The original spots on the lowers where variegation, happens. Non issue. The spots on the other plant where a signal of pH fluctuation. Common with fresh ocean forest as your adjustments balance out with the pre-existing limes in the soil. All looks fine now. Which my recommendation would’ve just been to wait anyway.

2 Likes

So the stupid ph meter went out on me again! This is the third ph meter I’ve been through! First time was a cheapo 11$ one the past two times it’s been a 40$ one now I’m going to get this one this coming up month. Anyone have any suggestions on a good ph meter?

@ThatsNotMineOfficer @Kingkupa @1HappyPappy @TheVirginiaLawyer @Budz @MH47

1 Like

Apera ph20 I believe is the model I have, there is another one that is a step up but the Apera is a great brand, i calibrate mine 2/3 times a month and that may be a bit extreme, I love mine and it gives me full confidence when watering my girls

1 Like

Much pricier than it was a few months ago if you go combo route but I love it and like I said full confidence in my ph

3 Likes

Okay I’ll buy that one, if I need help with the calibration can I get you help with it??
@ThatsNotMineOfficer

2 Likes

Of course, just ask away! Trust me though it’s super easy, there’s calibration fluid that you dip the tip in (giggity) and hold the button and book it’s calibrated, not only that but the instructions are super easy, don’t worry! You’re in good hands here tons of people use that meter

1 Like