Photosynthesis Plus Question

Real simple… Do I ph the water before or after I add photosynthesis plus? I’ve tried searching for the answer but didn’t have any luck. My original thought was after PHing the water since that’s what I do with other microbes but wanted to be sure.

1 Like

Does this go for all microbes? Just to be clear you sayin add the nutes and the microbes then I adjust ph? I thought microbes went in after nutes and the water was already ph’ed.

Hard disagree on that one.

Silica → CalMag → all other nutrients → pH → microbes.

PH up and down are concentrated acids or alkalines. Adding them to microbes may just kill what you just added. I learned that from Hellraiser, so I’ve just followed it blindly knowing he probably has a side-by-side grow indicating why it’s best to microbe last.

2 Likes

I’ve always done what @Graysin is saying but it got me thinking because the bottle of PP has NPK numbers.

Regardless of ph then microbes or microbes and ph there still going to bath in the solution be it acid or alkaline. My tap this time of year is 8.2 ph so it has to be dropped be it citric acid, vit. c ascorbic acid or ph down.

1 Like

Photosynthesis Plus is a microbial supplement. I have some Lumina from Impello Biosciences (Tribus) that technically has an NPK. PP is the same in my book - too low to count as a nutrient - the bacterial life inside is what will matter most.

1 Like

Good point

Yes the difference is whether you’re adding concentrated acid to the same spot you just mixed in your microbes, or if it’s thoroughly diluted and dispersed throughout the solution before you add the microbial life. It’s not a matter of “it’s acidic therefore they die.” It’s a matter of “here’s a tablespoon of pure acid immediately on top of my teaspoon of microbes.”

Not saying everyone does it that way, but that practice is why I advise microbes last last last. Ensures better dispersion of the concentrates.

1 Like

Mix your stuff up… Put my Recharge in mix, ph mix or ph mix, add Recharge no diff. If you don’t mix between adding elements/bio you get what yeah deserve. Now there are systems that direct one to mix elements of the system in order like Jacks and a couple of others. But most of it is common sense over all.

2 Likes