Photos vs. Autos

Hmm, ok no light leaks and IlGM genetics. Now explain why they always Herm at the end. I base my facts on my plants.

1 Like

Do you happen to have a picture

1 Like

You stress them to much i guess light leak isn’t an issue with my autos they get a TON of it , but I don’t top or FIM and I grow organically so it’s as close to how nature works as possible, the worst I do is defoliate and lst but even with those I’m gentle

2 Likes

Autos are fairly decent I haven’t had any major troubles with them

14 Likes

Good looking lady @New.growth what is it?

2 Likes

@TRF it’s GSC

4 Likes

She sure is frothy looking! Killer job👍

2 Likes

Thanks @TRF it’s :axe: day today

3 Likes

Hard to do a ‘remote diagnosis’…but…looks to me like you arent getting enough sunlight…

2 Likes

I have grown Autos 8-10 times.The one and only time I had ‘hermes’ was when I started 4 (GSCA from ILGM) inside (18-6 light cycle),transplanted them outside,(after about a month inside) in spring when the days were still relatively short.May have been the ‘shock’ of growing environ…who knows…ALL 4 HERMIED!..never had any others,before or after…maybe it was the ‘alignment of the planets’ or some crap…

4 Likes

They just pop a few seeds at the end I see the same in photos outside sometimes. The day they make seed though from that point forward potency decreases

3 Likes

More likely the cycle of the moon than the alignment of the planets. (◠ᴥ◕ʋ)

2 Likes

I have been growing using the moon’s phases for 40 years.Not much you can tell me about it that I dont already know…but hopefully someone else will learn something…thanks!

2 Likes

I dont agree,not totally, with my statement.One can NEVER be too knowledgeable to learn…(shrooms are kicking in…:>)

5 Likes

Growing by the moon and other astronomy has not been proven and Infact dismissed by scientists and the world’s agriculture leaders also.

It’s not going to hurt anything that’s for sure so go right ahead if you feel its something that interests you. I have a friend who gave me a Callander so I did some digging online and turns out it’s not what it’s cracked up to be.

As for autos herming it would depend on a case by case basis, would need to know the specifics of the grow.

I’ve grown autos for years and never had a single one herm on me and I have used many different breeders.

2 Likes

Gravitational effects on plants caused by the moon are proven. As sure as the tides…

It obviously doesn’t replace good growing practices. But it can be utilized.

5 Likes

As in the plants use the gravitational effect to know which way the roots are to go “down”, and yes tides are real.

However the claim that plants absorb more mosture on land when the moon is at different phases and other astrological gardening practices have not been proven beyond a reasonable doubt when leading researches have gathered all the information (to my knowledge).
If you have different knowledge please share it.

2 Likes

I’ll chime in…

Putting to rest the debate of the moons effects I would say not to believe everything you read or hear from “known public speaking scientists”….if you haven’t learned by now that their agenda is far more than educational then let’s take that tk another thread and discuss it there…

@TRF homie I think your autos look fine…they probably won’t get much bigger until they really start to flower hard…as long as your plants are alive and green then you’re doing something right.

This year seems to be insanely different with photoperiod plants just in general…hell even auto growers are noticing differences I.e. the crazy purple Bruce Banners that have been showing up :thinking:

That being said…stress on a plant can and will cause it to hermie or do other crazy stuff like instead of growing buds the main stem just gets HUGE….

If I take anything from this thread it’s that comparing these 2 :thinking:…is almost not fair just to each type of plant…they’re all great in their own ways and all come with challenges that, let’s not forget, we ourselves probably create :sunglasses::v:t2:

5 Likes

Yeah I think you’re totally right @grizZz
And it seems like my autos are doing just the same as my autos are. Like exactly the same…
My indoor ones are a little different but they’re still small and haven’t really had the time to actually get there grow on.

2 Likes

This is where silica and tribus (rhizo in general) are invaluable. Together they make a much stronger, shock resistant plant.

3 Likes