Photoperiod granddaddy purple in a 4x4 tent

How many photoperiod granddaddy purple plants can I grow in a 4x4 tent without overcrowding. I know there are a lot of methods of growing that can affect this answer can but for the sake of this question let’s just say that I will NOT be scrogging, I may top once, and I do want to Veg for 50 to 60 days with a very high quality LED light. I was guessing 4 or 5. Please do not refer me to somewhere else to answer this question

I did 2 in my 3x4 and it was full.
Vegged for 5 weeks then used a net to help keep colas separated.
Got just over 16oz dry.

Based on the size plants you have indicated, I would think that you could get away with 4 plants if only vegging for 7 - 8 weeks. Three will make the plants easier to get to for maintenance. I wouldn’t go any higher than 4.

Remember that plants often double in size when switched to flowering.

2 Likes

Mine is taking up a ton of room, She currently takes up 1/3 of my 4x4 and is weeks away from being flipped to 12/12. This is my first photo of GDP that I got with an auto pack so I can’t say definitely. But judging by my plant, id say only 3 to manage well.

1 Like

I doing 3 in my 2x4 and It’s to much

Here is one in a closet that is 4’ x 2 1/2’ deep. Two would be pushing it if this gives you any idea. I vegged for 7 weeks from seed.

2 Likes

They are a Very strong growing plant.
Thats excellent btw @Dexterado

1 Like

I tried 4 in a 4x4 and I wouldn’t do more than 3 at any given time.

1 Like

But we just want to anyways, Packem in! … Lol

1 Like

That pic is 5 weeks from 12/12. I figure I have 5 to 7 more weeks. Had a little issue with the buds stretching that set them back a little. Hopefully have it under control now. Thanks.

Looking wonderful.
Be ready to support those stems. Those buds are gonna get really heavy.
Its great to watch them pack on the weight.

1 Like