Photo period Blue Dream ILGM

Hope everyone had a Great Christmas!
I currently have these blue dreams from ILGM that happens to be my first photoperiod run. They have been going for a long time now I would say just about 5 months. So far on the negative side of things I noticed:

• Very High electric bill ( up by @ least 200$ per month ) which really having me on the fence of continuing this hobby.
  • Flower time seems a bit on the slower side, I would say im in day 45
  • I did notice on 1 of the girls pistils turned more than 50% orange day 25 in flower

On the Positive note :

• ALL 20 seeds i purchased looked great and so far all germinated direct in soil with only watering by a misty spray bottle
  • All plants ever raised by ILGM recovered from any kind of trauma beautifully, I have made many mistakes such as dropping things, dog attacks, nutrient problems, pest ect. All were 100% curable in no time and turned out to be beautiful.
  • Plants Smell and look Beautiful!

Some Questions I had for the Community:

• How much longer do the plants you see look like they can take ?
  • Estimates on yield ?
  • Anything I can do to save money on my electric bill ( next grow I do need to decrease wattage so looking for recommendations on best light setup for biggest yeild ( on about 7 photoperiod plants ) in 1 area, such as the one in the pictures.
  • What I can improve on?

Thanks guys!
Here are my specs :
-1000w dual switch floragrow led / 400w MarsHydroLEd/ 150w canngro light ( lower branches )

• hepa carbon filter ( winix plasma wave ) w/ fan
  • Menards stand up area heater

Temp/humid ( 73-78f, 30%-50% )
ph ( have had mixed experiences using testers so until I find a reliable and user friendly one , I have decided to use ( sensi Bloom ) as directed which promises to balance soil ph if used as directed. So to be honest haven’t tested exacts
Nutrients:
Throughout vegg ( General Hydroponics! as directed
In flowering ( SenisiBloom pA/pB, Flower Fuel as directed ) Every other water Water in total 4 times a week, 1.5gallons each time. Nutrient mix 3 times out of the 4 total.
Soil: Oceans Forest / 5 gallon buckets, coco worm brick bedding.

I look forward to your inputs !!!
as directed
In flowering ( SenisiBloom pA/pB, Flower Fuel as directed ) Every other water Water in total 4 times a week, 1.5gallons each time. Nutrient mix 3 times out of the 4 total.
Soil: Oceans Forest / 5 gallon buckets, coco worm brick bedding.

I look forward to your inputs !!!

80386292_467812870779090_3857450990580006912_n|375x500

2 Likes

If you’re paying $200/m towards electricity for this, you can treat yourself to more efficient lights. I’d ask @dbrn32 for advice, but start with HLG 260 as a baseline.

I can’t say for certain, but I think you could benefit from more plant training. Either LST, or manifolding your plants would help create a more even canopy, so your lights could be a uniform distance from most of your fan leaves. Grow Weed Easy has excellent tutorials.

3 Likes

Thank you, I’ve seen the videos. The current lighting that I have was recommended but I will have to go with a more cost efficient lighting. As for the training method you’re absolutely right, I wanted to see how the photo periods would naturally grow for it being my first run.

1 Like

I’m 100% of the same mind as you; let the plant show you it’s tendencies and natural habit.

Were you venting the filtered air out of your tent? I think that could be part of your power bill, because your space heater would have been heating the whole room. Humidifiers are rough on the electric bill too.

1 Like

Do you know what actual power consumption of each light is? And what’s your cost per kwh? $200 seems like a lot for what it looks like you have there

my kwh consumption for this month was 1742 of which they charged me $180.98. I’m not sure of the formula to figure out what they charge for each kwh. I have 1000 Watt sunrise and 400 Watt marz hydro and 150 Watt cannagrow small disc. Knowing the formula would help me. I will also what the exact power consumption on each device is, and get back to you. They are all on a 12/12. Seems like the bill was high, I will have to look further into this.

What time of day do you run your lights…?
Electricity costs less after 6 pm…
You could also vegg your plants with the candle stick method , which only uses 14 hours of light…
:+1::wink:
It seems like your lights could be closer also…
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Is that for an entire house? 200 all together or the lights alone?

My bill runs about 170 to 180. I also have electric water heater though, oh and did I mention 7 people that use it? Pretty sure the water heater costs me more to run than the lights do. At least for me anyways.
Other factors for you might include an electric stove.

Have you read my thread about Hybrid Hot Water Heaters?

That’s what I’m wondering. 600w/260 from the wall on my first grow and with exhaust going. Only raised electric bill maybe 20. But when I had to use the ac unit, it went up. Also they price gouge in the warmest/coldest months.

The advertised flower time is 9 weeks. That’s under best-world conditions, so count on it taking a week or two longer.

1 Like

The Sunraise 1000 consumes 165 watts.
The Cannagrow 150 consumes 50 watts.
The Mars II 400 consumes 150 watts.

Here is an electricity cost calculator for you as well:

2 Likes

you snapped thank you!