Phlizon LED - Too Good To Be True?

You’re familiar with the countless occasions that those light sellers give away free lights just so people leave them a good review right? Have seen at least 3 members here post such offers lol.

All good, I’ve always had champagne taste on beer wages , unfortunately only have beer money to spend at the moment and thinking maybe a cheap 2x2 tent to marry up cheap light,cut my teeth so to speak and quietly confident of getting even after first grow whilst preparing for my preferred Top Gun set up,do you think the Gorilla Shorty 4x4 would be a suitable Auto growing choice?

Nothing wrong with staying within your means. And if you’re not 100% committed to growing long term would probably be a good idea to not spend anymore than you need to. I’ve also probably helped 20+ members in the last few months get away from typical amazon led panels for countless reasons. So just trying to make sure you didn’t fall victim to bullshit advertising is all.

I don’t like autos, they don’t fit my growing style at all. And I’ve only flowered one crop in a tent, so probably not the right person to ask.

1 Like

Personally the Auto Flowers are what got me here and inspired, I can’t fathom what’s not to like about them,but on the other hand have never had the appropriate outdoor space or indoor facilities to go for gold so I can see where your coming from. Just returned from my back yard to see if my girls are doing ok with a few days rain and the Blueberry is looking very impressive with a scent to match,so we may never correspond about Autos but I’ll be sure to contact you to confirm that the high end led I’ll be in need of has your stamp of approval ensuring I end up with an “all the bullshit setup” that can’t be criticised ,thanks for your input as very informative.

1 Like

Autos are genetically programmed to flower, so it takes all of the control away from the grower. So if you’re gonna pop a seed in a pot and let it grow, it makes no difference. But if you plan on pheno hunting, cloning, keeping genetics, or using most of the advanced growing techniques they’re useless for any of that. They do offer some advantages to outdoor growers with limited seasonal time or for people that don’t have a light tight space. Neither of those apply to me, so it doesn’t really make sense to deal with the downfalls is all.

Happy to help with lights if I can.

1 Like

If you haven’t looked into the quantum boards, the Growers Lights website has stuff from HLG. I have 2. I bought the 260v2, and was impressed with the results so I got a 135 for my veg tent. I think that the density of the buds I got made my mind up.

1 Like

@353 Check this thread out. There is a link in one of the replies above that goes to an awesome led build thread by @dbrn32

1 Like

amazing information here

really such an amazing forum

Do you you a good samsung lm301 build for a 3x3 tent?

1 Like

I think you have a typo, not sure what you’re asking?

Im sorry there was a typo. I was trying to ask if you knew a good build for a 3x3 tent, using samsung lm301b board’s?

1 Like

Hlg’s v2 boards all use lm301b. A 4 pack of either qb 120 or qb 132 with appropriate driver makes a nice 3x3 light.

Cool, thank you i am going to check that out right now. I’m fairly new to led’s but I’ve been reading that lm301b’s are the most efficient. I’m not sure if that’s true or not. I am struggling between those or some good cobs.

1 Like

I think nichia has a better led available, but most of the options you come across will use the Samsung lm301b. They are great leds

Okay. Thank you very much for the help. I will check it out. I was looking at those qb120’s and i found a 4 pack of just the 3k boards. If i were to try to build something would a thin passive heat sink work that would be big enough to mount them on. Or do i need to go thicker?

1 Like

Those don’t need heatsink at all. The pcb is thick enough that when combined with stretched chip spacing they will cool adequately all on their own. All you need is something to build frame out of to hold them together.

Sweet! I read that they didn’t need one but i wasn’t positive. Thanks man

1 Like

Any recommendations on a frame. Sorry for all of the questions…

2 Likes

@dbrn32 helped me last year with my build and I went with 4) qb132 and a meanwell 240-1750 driver I used 3/4” x 3/4” x 1/8” aluminum angle and it is working great in my 3x3 tent

1 Like