Ph , watering and feeding questions

That sounds a lot more reasonable to me and far less risky. Thank you.

I have city water. Should I use cal-mag?

Im about to purchase a ph and ppm meter from amazon do i get one that is for water or soil, any recommendations ?

My tap water measures only 40 ppm TDS and has chloramine. So even if I carbon filter it I’d still have to use CalMag+. So using RO from the machine, at my small scale, isn’t so bad.

You talk about flushing if pH is too low. My soil is 3. One plant doing OK, the others leaves are dying at the outside edges. How do I go about “flushing”? What product (Amazon?) can I use now and going forward? I too am new to this, and would really appreciate your input. Thanks.

Get one for water. This is a good one

https://www.amazon.com/Apera-Instruments-AI209-Waterproof-Accuracy/dp/B01ENFOHN8/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1546811612&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=apera+ph+meter&dpPl=1&dpID=31-1THhTjuL&ref=plSrch

The folks here have you pointed in the right direction. If you’re interested in a Super Soil grow which is water only, I’m nearly done with my second super soil grow. This might be up your alley if you’re looking for simple.
First grow.

Current grow

2 Likes

Get the one for water

Now that you do that do you still nuit in veg stage? I was told there is no need to nuit in veg with using fox farm ocean mix

1 Like

Since I typically used feminized seeds ilgm I am afforded the luxury of deciding how long I can veg for. Usually I start to feed nutrients in the veg cycle around week 5 or so. But this last time I didn’t feed at all during veg and then started up in flower I believe. I did not seem to run into any problems by not feeding in veg. My next grow I’m considering doing half feeding in veg and half not just to kind of see if I notice anything remarkable /difference. To answer your question I usually do feed in later veg but this last time I did not. I hope this helps. Have a nice night

I should also add i ph everything that goes into the soil and I used 7 gallon fabric bags but filled with only 5 gallons of soil. I got the bigger pots just in case if I ever want to try a scrog or only grow a couple of plants under my lights but want some big ones etc.

FYI…always check clearance rack in Walmart, etc… just picked up a grill thermometer for 5 bucks…gonna use for soil temps…and bbq…lol!!:sunglasses:

3 Likes