Ph water for soil or no?

I’ve heard not to ph water for soil and I’ve read ph the water for soil … what to do?

1 Like

If it’s below 200 tds don’t ph it.

If it’s above ph it

Rough guide, the minerals aka the tds hold the ph.

Soil will buffer low tds liquids easily.

5 Likes

6.5 +/- .2 pH for soil. Test your soil pH. If it’s low use 6.7 if it’s high use 6.3.

soil-ph-chart-marijuana-sm

4 Likes

Just to give my two cents but I agree with the members above. I grow in soil and I shoot for a pH of 6.5 every time I water and my girls seem to be happy. I use an apera pH pen and i ph nutrients and /or water every time. If you go a couple of points above and a couple of points below it’s no big deal some people even think it’s beneficial. So don’t sweat it . Good luck and enjoy your grow

3 Likes

I grow in soil i ph my water to 6.8 the microbes in the soil will fix the pH up to the correct ph

2 Likes

Hi BigMike! I grow in living soil and pH my tap water. I let it sit 24 hours first to let the chlorine dissipate.

I try to hit 6.5. I use citric acid to lower pH and there isn’t a measuring spoon for a “pinch” so I am usually somewhere between 6 and 7. :laughing:

1 Like

I did ph water on my last grow. I was dreading the extra step but then it became second nature. A splash of white vinegar in my 2 gallon bucket if not adding nutes or a quarter spoon of baking soda if I was adding nutes (yes, very scientific lol). Once I did it a few times, felt comfortable and saw that ph readings were fairly consistent, I stopped checking ph altogether and just added the vinegar or baking soda. I didn’t feel that it needed to be perfect. Between 6-7 was good enough for me.

2 Likes

We are in the foothills of the Adirondacks and have a well.
Plants get it right out of the tap.

1 Like

That Dr Earths looks pretty good. May have to give a bag a shot.

1 Like