PH water brands stores

Is there any brand of water sold at the stores that meet recommended ph levels for a soil grow? Being lazy guess i could buy a ph tester and chemicals to get the ph right but i dont trust most of those ph testers

3 Likes

You can just use regular tap water homie, buy a ppm meter and ph meter, will help a lot. Ppm meters are fairly cheap.

1 Like

What I use:

APERA INSTRUMENTS AI209 Value Series PH20 Waterproof pH Tester Kit, ±0.1 pH Accuracy https://a.co/d/4j5C5kS

Standard Hydroponics pH Up and… Amazon.com

Digital TDS-Meter, Accurate and… Amazon.com

4 Likes

Catch rain water no need to ph

1 Like

This is what I do, and have no problems, so take it with a grain of salt. I grow in living soil which is pretty forgiving on ph, so I bought some test strips and figured out if I put a little less than 1/4 tsp of citric acid per gallon of water, it drops my ph between 6 to 6.5. Now I just do the same thing every time, and have no issues.

1 Like

Welcome to the community , If you’re planning on feedings bottle nutes veg or bloom After adding nutes to water it will drive your PH down . good to have PH up to get back to sweetspot 6.5 PH to feed. Just my thought good luck my friend. :v::+1:

2 Likes

What about clorine being im on city water?

1 Like

Leave it out for 24 hours to gas off and you’ll be good to use.
:v:

5 Likes

Distilled water is, by definition, PH neutral. $.95 at my local Wally World.

Leave stand over night unless your muni water has chloramines. Those don’t dissipate. Adding a tablespoon of 3% peroxide to 5 gallons will gas off all chlorine and chloramines in minutes.

3 Likes

Thank you for that tidbit!!

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410; Yes thank you for the info.

2 Likes