Ph runoff with ph up and down tester?

probably a bad question…

in the ticket, it’s wondering about “runoff”

well i can water and get some runoff, but i dont have an electronic tester

can i use the PH tester from this package? its a vial tester

3 Likes

Yes you can. They actually are pretty accurate if not more then the electronic ph testers. I always double check my ph runoff with the drops so I am sure of what it is. Before I got a electronic ph reader I only had the drops and they never let me down. Make sure your in normal light when using the drops, the color will look different if you are around an hps or led light which will make you think its higher or lower then what it actually is. Done that a few times thinking my ph was orange which is around 4.0 on the color chart only to exit my tent to see that it’s actually a dark gold which is 6.5 on the color chart.

10 Likes

Yes you can for give you an idea, however, I will not recommand you always use that , it’s not very accurate (+/-0.5). I recommand that you spend 15$ in a PH pen meter :wink::innocent:

~Al :v: :innocent:

5 Likes

okay thanks a lot !!!

1 Like

@Dr.DankThumb420

Thank you for that was very well explaned.

Will

4 Likes

i also agree it was very well explained

i walked around the room with the vial, making sure i had some genuine light

edit: this is what i do before i water them- not what the runoff is(was)

1 Like

That a boy lol @Dr.DankThumb420, good job my friend I agree with the others very well explained

3 Likes

This actually makes me feel a whole lot better now because thats how i check my pH. Thanks @Dr.DankThumb420

3 Likes

@Shoopuf, a digital pen isn’t reliant on natural lighting .youd Be well advised to get a digital pen and some calibration fluid .

Hammer.

5 Likes

Used those drops my whole first grow and never had a problem. @Dr.DankThumb420 great explanation bud. I didn’t have a issue but never thought about the led changing the color guess I just got lucky .

3 Likes

[quote=“Hammer, post:9, topic:9124”]
a digital pen isn’t reliant on natural lighting .You’d Be well advised to get a digital pen and

some calibration fluid .

Hammer.
@Majiktoker maybe you should reread it all. ive posted the quotes for you to see. MY

answer still stands.

The liquid tester can be used ,But It Will Never be as Accurate as a good digital meter.

Better?

Hammer.

thanks everyone

just turned the bloom lights on

turning them to 12 and 12 tonight. pretty stoked

1 Like

Yes much better my apologies

@Dr.DankThumb420

I completely agree with you about the pH test drops. I learned the hard way trusting my meter. Now I double check every watering with the meter and the drops. I always test my meter at each watering with my calibration fluid.

1 Like

Yeah its always good to have the drops… I always double check runoff or ph going in with drops if im not positive on the reading. Yeah I make sure my pen is clcalibrated every watering @bobwags

1 Like

@Dr.DankThumb420

The only time I really have to rely on the meter only is when I’m feeding with some heavy syrupy dark brown muddy type nutrients and then the drops are all but useless. What I do in that case is I test the water with the drops and the meter before I add anything at all and if it’s in the ballpark then I’m pretty confident I’m good.

My first grow that I’m just finishing up I had so many nutrient problems due to the pH (and also some hot soil) being off. Learn as you go.

1 Like

Outta Likes Again!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 Like