PH run off and watering

@kellydans I’m watering with 6.5 but have just check run off and it’s 7.4. Dose run off need to be same as watering 6.5? just went through 8 gallons on a 3 gallon pot and not much drop, started at 7.8

1 Like

External Media

SeaSeaside_guy1

November 16

@kellydans I’m watering with 6.5 but have just check run off and it’s 7.4. Dose run off need to be same as watering 6.5? just went through 8 gallons on a 3 gallon pot and not much drop, started at 7.8

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

The next time you water split the difference water in at 5.8 ph and just make sure and verify pH meter.

Been checking the PH meter calibration every other gallon, on gallon 10 and down to 7.1 is that good enough?

1 Like

Now that you’re that close I would probably go ahead and get it down to where you want it I’m usually okay between 6.2 to 6.8

1 Like

Thank you, sweating my butt off here…sigh

1 Like

I wish I could say that it’s been darned cold here in the mountains.

2 Likes

I’ll be it has! not much better here. But the way I have things setup I have to soak up run off with a big sponge. Then empty the buck, mix water then start over, next time I’ll have better drainage setup for sure, sigh

1 Like

I agree important to have access to runoff. I built a small rack to put in the bottom of the tent

so I can slide a frying pan under to get off.

4 Likes

Brilliant,Going to steal that design lol,

2 Likes

Glad I could help.

1 Like

This is the "on the cheep version"

nothing more than a Turkey pan,2- 1x2 wood. Now the 5gal pot sits on the wood easy and cheeeeeep.

3 Likes

Gotta be better than what I’m doing…I gave up after 15 gallons, will just water with lower PH, not to far from harvest maybe 4 weeks, need to limp her to the finish…

better picture.

2 Likes

The last thing I did after flushing was water with Big grow and Bloom nutes. All this flushing was due to lime green leafs on entire plant.

Soil/worm castings
PH run off now 7.4 after 15 + gallons of PH balanced water for a 3 gallon pot. I gave up after that it only went down a point or 2. Going to water now with 5.8 or so. to limp her to the end. Most likely 5 weeks or more to go. Heres a picture, any comments welcome.

I know the intake looks odd but the only way I could keep temps correct, to blow intake on lights. I do havd a fan in the corner blowing on the plant.

1 Like