PH problems all of a sudden!

An’s new stuff is crazy strong I use it during flower when my ppm is higher

1 Like

I would chime in @VelcroThumb but this is above my experience/pay grade… my best advice is to check the ph meter. That’s all I have to offer.

1 Like

It must be out of whack… i think it dried out

1 Like

if they go dry they die
I used to add solution to cap but was a pain so I have a measuring cup I place them in with solution as I said above I open the package take out meter set it throw away cap and place in cup the sponges in cap are joke and when you place back on cap the crap spills every time. With measuring cup meters are upright solution level is visible at a glance also always have a back up I keep 2 meters test strips and indicator solution just incase because some days shite just seems to be right out to lunch

So far I’ve been really happy with this PH meter:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ESYG6KQ/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It has replaceable tips so you can just replace the tip if needed. It has a one button calibration system so it’s very easy to calibrate. It comes with a nice case and a cap that seals tightly - the case even has a space for you to keep the cap so you don’t have to refill it with storage solution each time. I love it - it is much faster to settle in on a reading than the other two cheapo ones I tried and I feel WAY more confident using it than I did those other ones.

I do keep solution and strips around as a backup and to double check when I have issue as well.

1 Like

Check the link… its sending me to my account on amazon lol… whats the name of the pen? I am gettin this one today

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004G8PWAU/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1508186662&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=oakton+ph+meter&dpPl=1&dpID=41LkkDXaLtL&ref=plSrch

1 Like

Crap I think I put the link to my order - I’ll fix it. It’s the Apera Instruments PH60F meter.

EDIT

Link above fixed.

1 Like

@Bogleg I looked at that one too. Not sure why i went against. I hope mine holds up!

The waterproof feature is a MUST. I dropped one of my cheapo ones in a reservoir once by accident…which is why I have a second cheapo one. :smiley:

1 Like

I think regardless, it’s a good idea to check calibration weekly. One bad watering will kill your whole garden.

2 Likes

I’m late to the party but I’m with @bob31 and the rest
You should check you meter calibration and inspect sensor build for cracks or breaks
When I use my nutes i always need to ph up
And even when I do ph down just plain water it doesn’t take more than 2-3 ml to bring my well water from 7.8 to 6.2 @VelcroThumb

2 Likes