Ph or Nutrient problem

Have A handful of leaves falling off every day some still green all leaf tips are yellowing some leaves are turning brown curling in and falling off growing in Foxfarm soil with Foxfarm nutrients feeding every 3 to 4 days

How old? Pics?

@59griff definitely need more info and some pics in natural light if possible. Need to know what you’re growing in, light used, nutrients given, age/type of seeds etc.

1 Like

Clear pics in natural light and a support ticket will help.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner

2 Likes

Sorry pics didn’t load

has HLG RSPEC LIGHTS 5th week of flower Wass waiting for my pH meter never PH my water going in PH to water overflow today at 6.3 PH my water going in at 7.7 tried just watering the last week condition just gets worse Humidity running around 60% temperature 68 to 72 have a dehumidifier going but it won’t get below 60

applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
Don’t know
• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
Fox farm soil
• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
Cloth pots
• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
7.7 ph in 6.3 out runoff
• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
Don’t know
• Indoor or Outdoor
Indoor
• Light system
4000 k rspec led
• Temps; Day, Night
68 to 72
• Humidity; Day, Night
60 to 67
• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
Oscillating fan and exhaust fan
• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Small dehumidifier
• Co2; Yes, NoNo

I think they are northern lights but not sure

Definitely need to get ph down.

Runoff ph is 6.3.I just got my ph meter you are saying I should treat all water going in,say with distilled vinegar to get it down to 7 or so only my second grow did not treat any water the first time had no problems about 41/2 oz of granddaddy purp off 1 plant

6-6.5 is what you want going i to your plant. I use lemon juice to bring my ph down. My water starts off around a ph of 8 i use the jucie to get it around 6.5

1 Like

Ok I can do that .Do you think that is causing this problem.Or a contributing factor

Id back off the nutes and give it plain ph’d water. See how it goes from there.

I will start that tonight THANK YOU

1 Like

Is PH of 7.7 going in after you add nutrients? If it is and your runoff PH is only 6.3, that tells me the runoff is carrying salts from the nutrients. You feed every 3-4 days full dose of FF flower nutrients?
I would flush the plants, at least to the point you get more than your usual runoff. Dump that and water to runoff again. Check the PH of this runoff to see where it is. Next water, add calmag and then plain PH water. PH all water to 6.5.
Get a PPM meter too. If you have hard water with lots of minerals and then add full dose of nutrients your plants may be clogged up and over dosing based on total PPM going in.

1 Like

I will get a ppm meter,but I am in week 5 of flower I only have maybe 3-4 weeks left.I use cloth bags so I usually don t water to overflow.i will run a bunch of ph balanced water through them.Then check the runoff again.I have raised 4 other plants on this water they have and are doing fine.2 of those were in this room under same situation 2 are outdoor growing now ,none showed these signs.Makes me think I fed to many nutes of some kind.I am off to get lemon juice to balance my water start there.Oh and tap water I use is 7.7 then I add nutes full dose every 3-4dsys

[quote=“59griff, post:15, topic:48166”]
raised 4 other plants on this water
[/quote]s
They are fickle plants. Last grow I grew 4 amnesia haze autos. My tap water is about the same as yours 7.5 ±. I did not PH my water at all. Two plants did OK the other 2 really had problems. And the same for nutrients. 2 managed, 1 with PH related problems showed some signs of toxicity and the 4th was a total loss.
I agree with your too many nutes assessment. The 7th picture with the shriveled leaves look like toxicity to me. The thing is with PH, once your grow medium goes off course, more bad things happen. Some nutrients get locked out and the plant can’t uptake them, then it accumulates in the medium and compounds the problem and creates more issues.
I found this article useful https://curiouscultivations.com/2019/01/11/runoff-ph-explaining-the-bro-science/
good luck

Thanks for your help definitely a learning experience.You and all the people on this forum are a wonderful resource.Thank you very much,I will post results

Ran gallons of PH balanced water through one plant 6.5 in getting six out. How much Cal Mag should I put in and should I flush it through also

image|640x480 image image image flushed plants well.Straight water 6.5 pH for a week started back with half nutrients now I have leaves turning yellow falling off stems are getting real limber had to tie him up to keep them standing just about finished with flower7 weeks in but buds just are not growing have barely grown in 3weeks @beardless any help would be appreciated

It sounds like you took the necessary corrective actions. There is still a lot of green so I think the browning of certain leaves is its natural course toward maturity. Remove the browned leaves at the stem, make harvest trimming easier. Maybe another 1 or 2 applications of flower nutrients then back off to plain ph water in preparation of harvest. Buds add a lot of weight the last few weeks.

Any chance with the flushing and additional maintenance they have been over watered and the medium not allowed to adequately dry out. Maybe stretch out your water cycle another day.